Dr. George Phillips is a pediatrician practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Phillips is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Phillips diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Phillips can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Sc Sch of Med, Columbia Sc 1998
University of South Carolina At Columbia 1998
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sports Medicine
- Medicolegal issues and ergogenic aids: trade, tragedy, and public safety, the example of ephedra and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
- Erythropoietin in sports: a new look at an old problem.
- Glutamine: the nonessential amino acid for performance enhancement.
- Adherence to guidelines for cardiovascular screening in current high school preparticipation evaluation forms.
- Univ Of Ky-A B Chandler Mc, Pediatrics
- U Ky Med Ctr
Dr. George C Phillips MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. George C Phillips MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- How Often Should a Newborn Poop?
First-time parents may wonder how often their newborn should poop and what a normal newborn poop would look like. A baby’s health can be best indicated by a baby’s bowel movement, but new parents may not know what to expect. For this reason, new parents become unsure and apprehensive during...
- Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Stephen J Randall M.D.4189 Westlawn S Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Angela M Oconnor MD540 E JEFFERSON ST IOWA CITY IA 52245
- Dr. Marguerite Henry Oetting M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sharon G Berkowitz M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Paolin Elizabeth Chi M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242