Dr. George C Phillips MD
Pediatrician200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. George Phillips is a pediatrician practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Phillips is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Phillips diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Phillips can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Sc Sch of Med, Columbia Sc 1998
University of South Carolina At Columbia 1998
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sports Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Medicolegal issues and ergogenic aids: trade, tragedy, and public safety, the example of ephedra and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
- Erythropoietin in sports: a new look at an old problem.
- Glutamine: the nonessential amino acid for performance enhancement.
- Adherence to guidelines for cardiovascular screening in current high school preparticipation evaluation forms.
Dr. George C Phillips MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64111Get Direction
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Autism Is Not a Problem
There is something which affects nearly everyone with autism. It is the thought, or other people’s words, that being on the spectrum is a bad thing. This is not so.Unfortunately, many people take the view that being on the spectrum is bad, that it makes the person less of a person, or that it is a...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Obese Children Can Reduce Their Risk for Heart Disease
In a new study, researchers analyzed data from four different studies to see if childhood obesity results in an increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. Results of the study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, showed that obese children who cut down weight and reach...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Alvaro H Serrano russi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Patrick D Brophy MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Stephen J Randall M.D.4189 Westlawn S Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Marguerite Henry Oetting M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasemen Eroglu MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242