Dr. George Phillips is a pediatrician practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Phillips is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Phillips diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Phillips can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Sc Sch of Med, Columbia Sc 1998
University of South Carolina At Columbia 1998
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sports Medicine
- Medicolegal issues and ergogenic aids: trade, tragedy, and public safety, the example of ephedra and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
- Erythropoietin in sports: a new look at an old problem.
- Glutamine: the nonessential amino acid for performance enhancement.
- Adherence to guidelines for cardiovascular screening in current high school preparticipation evaluation forms.
- Univ Of Ky-A B Chandler Mc, Pediatrics
- U Ky Med Ctr
Dr. George C Phillips MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. George C Phillips MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- What Is Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)?
Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaPremature infants who have problems in their respiratory system have an increased risk of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), which is also called chronic lung disease. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) can be a serious condition, which needs intensive treatment. This...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Alvaro H Serrano russi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Patrick D Brophy MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasemen Eroglu MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Marguerite Henry Oetting M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Stephen J Randall M.D.4189 Westlawn S Iowa City IA 52242