Dr. John Michalak is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Sioux City, IA. Dr. Michalak specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Irvine- Ca Coll Of Med- Irvine Ca 1971
University of California 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Fitzsimons Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. John Charles Michalak M.D.'s Practice location
Sioux City, IA 51101Get Direction
Dr. John Charles Michalak M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month-year-old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Exercise Proven to Help Lymphoma Patients
People always say that exercise is the best medicine. It's been proven through many years of research that regular exercise is really important to maintain a healthy body and mind. Doctors are always reminding their patients of the benefits of physical exercise and the power it holds to fight...
- Make-A-Wish Makes a Movie Star
Through their fundraising, on average in the United States and its territories, Make-A-Wish is able to grant the wish of a child every 34 minutes.How was it started?The Make-A-Wish Foundation started with the wish of one 7-year-old boy’s wish in 1980. Chris Grecius, who had leukemia, wanted to be...
- This New Zealand Native Beat Cancer Eight Times
Being diagnosed with cancer can be a world-shaking experience. Going through the necessary chemotherapy and radiation treatment to beat cancer can be a difficult struggle, but coming out cancer-free feels incredibly liberating.Maybe it’s that feeling of having beaten cancer that can make suffering...
- Dr. Santiago Fabian Moscoso martinez M.D.230 NEBRASKA ST SIOUX CITY IA 51101
- Dr. Stephen P Kahanic MD230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Kamalesh Bala M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Radha M Rao M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Donald B Wender M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Gerald D Hagin M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101