Dr. Lee Gertsen is a Dentist practicing in Canton, SD. Dr. Gertsen specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Lee Thomas Gertsen D.D.S.'s Practice location
Canton, SD 57013Get Direction
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. Lee Thomas Gertsen D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- What Is Myrrh Used For?
What is myrrh?The word myrrh will probably not be a stranger to your ears. If you were raised in the Christian faith, it may be familiar to you since childhood. It was mentioned over 150 times in the Holy Bible. But what is it exactly?Myrrh is a resin or natural gum that is yellow to reddish-brown...
- Mrs. Nichole Michelle Cauwels DDS6100 W 41st St Sioux Falls SD 57106
- Dr. Kendra Elizabeth Zuercher DDS6100 W 41st St Sioux Falls SD 57106
- Dr. Tim Kappenman D.D.S.208 W 37th St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Mark C Berdahl DDS6301 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57108
- Dr. Bridget Jean Lervick D.D.S.5121 S. Solberg Ave. Sioux Falls SD 57106
- Dr. Nichol W Smith DDS720 N Sycamore Ave Sioux Falls SD 57110