Dr. Peter S Hotvedt MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2211 Genesee St Suite 200 Utica NY, 13501
Dr. Peter Hotvedt is a cardiologist practicing in Utica, NY. Dr. Hotvedt specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Hotvedt also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 2005
- Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Cardiovascular Diseases; Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Peter S Hotvedt MD's Practice location
Dr. Peter S Hotvedt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hotvedt
- Stress Can Directly Affect a Woman's Heart
Results of a study presented in the Experimental Biology 2012 meeting in San Diego showed that coping with mental stress is harder on a woman's heart, when compared to that of men. Researcher Chester Ray, PhD, professor of medicine, and cellular and molecular physiology at Penn State's College of...
- Does an Enlarged Heart Affect Health?
Enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is an indication of an underlying condition rather than a disease in itself. Enlargement makes the heart work harder than normal and weakens the heart muscles after a period of time. An enlarged heart has a number of causes including hypertension and coronary artery...
- What Are HIIT Workouts?
What is a HIIT Workout?HIIT workout plans are intensive and punishing, but there are good reasons why they are very popular. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. As its name implies, it is an explosive and high-power workout. It is not a specific workout or exercise routine. Rather,...
- Treatment Options for Lupus
Lupus does not have a complete cure; however, the symptoms can be managed. With thorough treatment, life expectancy of the patient can be increased to the fullest. Early diagnosis and treatment of lupus is important for preventing permanent damage to one's organs.Your doctor may begin your treatment...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive Heart Failure is also called as heart failure, CHF, cardiac failure, left sided heart failure or right sided heart failure. It is a condition in which the heart's function to contract and pump blood is inadequate to meet the needs of the body and the lungs. The blood from the right...
- Dr. Prasanna Venkatesh Kumar M.D.1729 Burrstone Rd. New Hartford New York 13413
- Dr. Hugh C Macisaac MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Brian J Gaffney MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Darius J Marhamati MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Michael A Sassower MD2211 Genesee St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Rakesh M Bhan MD4507 Medical Center Dr Fayetteville NY 13066