Dr. Jonathan M Koff M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology5530 Wisconsin Ave Suite 1640 Chevy Chase MD, 20815
Dr. Jonathan Koff is a gastroenterologist practicing in Chevy Chase, MD. Dr. Koff specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Koff performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1997
Boston University School of Medicine 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Multiple myeloma-associated amyloidosis manifesting as fulminant hepatic failure.
- Obtaining antibiotics without a prescription.
- Hepatitis C with normal liver enzymes: to treat or not to treat. Pro: most
- Enteryx polymer migration to lymph nodes and beyond.
- False positive acetaminophen concentrations in patients with liver injury.
- Treatment of recurrent Crohn's uveitis with infliximab.
- Prenatal lorazepam exposure: 4. Persistent alterations in pentylenetetrazole-induced seizure threshold and GABA-dependent chloride uptake after prenatal lorazepam exposure.
- Interaction of central and peripheral benzodiazepine sites in benzodiazepine tolerance and discontinuation.
- Prenatal cocaine exposure: increased striatal dopamine transporter binding in offspring at 3 and 6 months of age.
- Chronic cocaine administration is associated with behavioral sensitization and
- Prenatal cocaine exposure: decreased sensitization to cocaine and decreased striatal dopamine transporter binding in offspring.
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Stomach Flu
Dr. Jonathan M Koff M.D.'s Practice location
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Get Direction
Washington, DC 20016Get Direction
Dr. Jonathan M Koff M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koff
- Avoid Delaying Acute Ulcerative Colitis Surgery, Study Says
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting presented data that showed postoperative complications and longer hospital stays were more common in patients with acute ulcerative colitis, for whom surgery was postponed. Ira Leeds, general surgery resident of the...
- How Necessary is a Biopsy for Celiac Disease?
A biopsy has been considered as one of the gold standards to confirm celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A biopsy is an invasive procedure, so some do not want to undergo it. In the past 25 years, more tests have been utilized to...
- Accutane and Crohn’s: What You Need to Know
According to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, Crohn’s disease affects over 780,000 individuals living in the United States. Widely known as a common type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s causes chronic inflammation throughout the gastrointestinal tract. ...
- There Is Still No Proven Way to Prevent Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is not as uncommon as it used to be. As more and more diagnoses are coming up, gluten-free products have been crowding all along the shelves at several supermarkets. For those who have researched the disease a little deeper, they have already found that celiac disease is a genetic...
- Is it Crohn's Disease or Just an Upset Stomach?
Do I have Crohn’s disease? You may have asked yourself this question a couple of times after experiencing symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain. To fully comprehend almost all the medical details surrounding Crohn’s disease, and possibly determine if you have the ailment, you need to look at...
- Non-Alcoholic Beer for People with Crohn’s Disease
When a person is diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, often the first thing that is prescribed is a change in diet.Any disease of the gastrointestinal tract affects a person’s ability to properly digest food, and Crohn’s disease especially can prevent a person from getting the necessary nutrients...
- Dr. Robert G. Finkel MD10801 LOCKWOOD DR SILVER SPRING MD 20901
- Dr. Emil Valle M.D.1939 Roland Clarke Pl Reston VA 20191
- Susan H. Barton10110 Molecular Dr Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Jacquelyn L. Redd M.D.1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD 20774
- Dr. Ashraf M. Sufi MD18111 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832
- Babak Torabi sagvand M.D.10110 Molecular Drive Rockville MD 20850