Anita S.H. Patel, DMD
Dentist | General Practice1000 Blythe Blvd Department Of Oral Medicine Charlotte NC, 28203
Dr. Anita Patel is a Dentist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Patel specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others. Dr. Patel earned her DMD from the University of Pennsylvania - School of Dental Medicine. She completed her general practice residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (now known as Rutgers School of Dental Medicine). Dr. Patel completed a fellowship in Dental Care of the Disabled (DECOD) at the University of Washington. She served as Program Director of the General Practice Residency and Director of Division of Hospital Dentistry at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey from 2000-2007. Dr. Patel currently is an attending faculty and Oral Oncology Fellowship Program Director at the Atrium Health Dental Clinic in the Department of Oral Medicine at Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center. Her interests include dental management of patients with medically complexities, special needs and those undergoing head and neck cancer management.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania DMD 1995
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center 2009 - Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2007 - Present
- Assistant Professor Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Instructor University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2000 - 2003
- Clinical Instructor University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 1997 - 2000
- Director, General Practice Residency Program University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2000 - 2007
- Director, Division of Hospital Dentistry Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Administrative Coordinator, Oral Medicine Clinic Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Director, Oral Oncology Fellowship Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center 2020 - Present
- University of Washington
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, Special Care Dentistry Association, North Carolina Dental Society
Anita S.H. Patel, DMD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28203Get Direction
- Alternative Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, restless legs syndrome (RLS) affects about 15% of Americans. It is also important to note that restless legs syndrome can be a side effect of certain medications. It will clear off when you stop taking such medication. A variety of alternative treatments is existent....
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Lupus Arthritis
What is Lupus?Lupus, commonly known as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a multisystemic autoimmune condition that affects almost all systems of the body. This could include the skin, eyes, joints, kidneys, lungs, and heart. The symptoms of each and every patient are going to be different. For...
- Connecting the Dots: Understanding the Link Between Severe Acid Reflux and Fibromyalgia
While it may seem odd that these two conditions are linked together, it turns out that fibromyalgia and gastrointestinal esophageal reflux disease are connected to each other. A recent study has looked at this comorbidity that many patients report having and have found that it is highly likely for...
- When Could Vaginal Discharge Be a Sign of Something Else?
Vaginal discharge is a normal and physiological function of the body to help keep the vagina healthy. It can also have certain odors, textures, and colors, which help in the identification of infections and other physiological changes in the female body. What is a normal vaginal discharge?Vaginal...
- Healthcare Providers Employ Creative Means to Fill Vacancies
With the nationwide shortage of human personnel in the occupation of nurses, it is proving increasingly challenging to secure services and labor to fill vacancies in healthcare parastatals. Establishing hospitals, health and research center face significant difficulty in recruiting nurses to work....
- Dr. Richard Raymond Pence DDS MAGD7482 Waterside Crossing Blvd. Denver NC 28037
- Frank Avason DMD MS PA7476 Waterside Loop Road Denver North Carolina 28037
- Dr. Charles T. Añonuevo DDS8810 Blakeney Professional Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28277
- Dr. David Sullivan DDS5833 Phyliss Ln Mint Hill NC 28227
- Charles Straughan D.M.D.2428 north sharon amity road Charlotte NC 28205
- Dr. Christian Yaste DDS15105 John J Delaney Dr Charlotte NC 28277