Dr. Anita Patel is a Dentist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Patel specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others. Dr. Patel earned her DMD from the University of Pennsylvania - School of Dental Medicine. She completed her general practice residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (now known as Rutgers School of Dental Medicine). Dr. Patel completed a fellowship in Dental Care of the Disabled (DECOD) at the University of Washington. She served as Program Director of the General Practice Residency and Director of Division of Hospital Dentistry at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey from 2000-2007. Dr. Patel currently is an attending faculty and Oral Oncology Fellowship Program Director at the Atrium Health Dental Clinic in the Department of Oral Medicine at Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center. Her interests include dental management of patients with medically complexities, special needs and those undergoing head and neck cancer management.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania DMD 1995
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center 2009 - Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2007 - Present
- Assistant Professor Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Instructor University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2000 - 2003
- Clinical Instructor University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 1997 - 2000
- Director, General Practice Residency Program University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2000 - 2007
- Director, Division of Hospital Dentistry Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Administrative Coordinator, Oral Medicine Clinic Rutgers University (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) 2000 - 2007
- Director, Oral Oncology Fellowship Atrium Health - Carolinas Medical Center 2020 - Present
- The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Washington
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, Special Care Dentistry Association, North Carolina Dental Society
Anita S.H. Patel, DMD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28203Get Direction
Anita S.H. Patel, DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Panic Disorder?
A panic attack is characterized by sudden tremendous waves of fear that initiates a number of physical responses. These reactions are often seen during situations that are not very threatening or frightening. The attacks may repeat after a period of time. Under normal conditions, fear and anxiety...
- What is a Cystoscopy?
In cystoscopy, a slender, flexible or rigid tube (cystoscope) with a lighted camera at its tip is positioned inside the urinary bladder. The device is lubricated and gently slid inside the bladder through the urethral opening in the penis under anesthesia. The procedure enables the urologist to...
- What Is Insomnia? Get the Facts
Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. It is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is caused by several factors. People with insomnia have abnormal sleeping patterns as well as daytime sleepiness, irritability, and a depressed mood. They may also have an increased...
- This Is What Alzheimer's Does to the Body
Thanks to technology and science, it is now possible to clearly see the damage that certain diseases and conditions can do to the human body. Because of the constant research on Alzheimer's disease, experts have been able to establish the neurodegenerative disease's true impact on the brain, from a...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- The Difference Between Parkinson’s and Parkinsonism
Parkinson’s and Parkinsonism sound the same, and they are very similar. Parkinsonism is defined as several neurological disorders causing movement problems, but there are differences. ...
- Frank Avason DMD MS PA7476 Waterside Loop Road Denver North Carolina 28037
- Dr. Richard Raymond Pence DDS MAGD7482 Waterside Crossing Blvd. Denver NC 28037
- Dr. Charles T. Añonuevo DDS8810 Blakeney Professional Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28277
- Dr. David Sullivan DDS5833 Phyliss Ln Mint Hill NC 28227
- Dr. Christian Yaste DDS15105 John J Delaney Dr Charlotte NC 28277
- Charles Straughan D.M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203