Dr. Jorge Lacen is a general practitioner practicing in LAKELAND, FL. Dr. Lacen does not specialize in one area of medicine, however provides routine health care services. General practitioners typically have regular, even life-long patients who they provide health care services to. Dr. Lacen provides services including physical exams, immunizations, and diagnosing and treating multiple illnesses and injuries. General practitioners typically work in private offices and clinics and have staffs of nurses and administators.
Jorge L. Lacen M.D.'s Practice location
LAKELAND, FL 33805Get Direction
Jorge L. Lacen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Lactose Intolerance Preventable?
The impaired ability to digest lactose is called lactose intolerance. Lactose is a sugar found in milk and dairy products. Digestion breaks lactose down into two simple sugars called lactase, which is an enzyme found in the small intestine. If there is an insufficient production of this enzyme,...
- Atelectasis: The Collapse of a Lung or the Lobe
What Is Atelectasis?Atelectasis refers to the partial or complete collapse of a lung or its lobe. It develops when alveoli i.e. tiny sacs of air present in the lung deflates. It is a type of respiratory or breathing complication that takes place after a surgical process. The problem of lung collapse...
- What Are Lymph Nodes, Where Are They, and What Do They Do?
What Are Lymph Nodes?The different systems in the body play a role in keeping the body to work and function properly. The lymphatic system is as important as other systems. It is a complex network of valves, thin vessels, nodes, ducts, and organs. The lymphatic system helps protect and preserve the...
- What Is Visceral Fat?
You probably want to lose visceral fat for improved health. Visceral fat is the fat located deep inside the abdomen. It has several components, which include fat in the intestines (mesenteric fat), around the kidneys (intrarenal fat), and some bits of fat near the uterus or testes. Unlike other...
- Treatments for Dengue Fever
Dengue fever is a viral infection transmitted through the Aedes species of mosquitos and is more prevalent in tropical as well as semi-tropical countries. In many cases, the disease appears to halt progress on its own.If the infection progresses beyond two weeks, the fever often escalates to a...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Dr. Prudencio P Aqui MD2133 S Combee Rd Lakeland FL 33801
- Dr. Daniel M Conrado MD28055 Hwy 27 Dundee FL 33838
- Dr. Heather Sammons Whitworth MD435 2nd St NE Winter Haven FL 33881
- Dr. Keila Thamar Tosado M.D1050 W Carroll St Kissimmee FL 34741
- Dr. Evans Salomon Mercier M.D2827 Marion Dr Se Bemidji MN 56601
- Dr. Luis J. Rodriguez colon M.D.1103 Us Highway 98 W Frostproof FL 33843