Dr. Lisa P. Purdy MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism9977 Woods Dr Skokie IL, 60077
Dr. Lisa Purdy practices Endocrinology in Skokie, IL. Dr. Purdy specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Purdy examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Mc Gill Univ- Fac Of Med- Montreal- Que- Canada 1986
McGill University Faculty of Medicine 1986
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Gestational Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Cancer
- Graves' Disease
- Vet Affairs Lakeside M C, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Lisa P. Purdy MD's Practice location
Skokie, IL 60077Get Direction
Dr. Lisa P. Purdy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Purdy
- These Needle-Free Injection Devices Will Make Diabetes Treatment Less Painful and Easier
History of modern injection devices and their widespread use in medicine started in the middle of the 19th century and have dominated in some treatment forms for more than 150 years. However, even though many use it, this method has specific drawbacks too. It not only requires a high level...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Children, Parents and Advocates Plea for Diabetes Research Funding at the Capitol
Each year, diabetes claims an average of 4.6 million lives. With so many people falling victim and losing their lives to the disease, concerned individuals and families have taken it upon themselves to plea for proper diabetes research funding. This emotional event was held before Congress – the...
- Understanding the Risk Factors for Prediabetes
Type II diabetes, the most commonly diagnosed form, is usually diagnosed in adults of middle age, but can also be found in children and is often brought on by obesity. While the pancreas in type II diabetes can sometimes make insulin, it may not make enough or the body will not use what is made...
- Men Who Do Not Have Children Are at Risk for Heart Disease
A new study has show that men who do not have children are more likely to die from a heart complication or condition, when compared to men who did have children. In this study, the researchers followed more than 135,000 older men for a decade to observe the impact of fatherhood on health. Study...
- Dr. Bushra Osmani M.D.9655 Woods Dr Skokie IL 60077
- Maria Claudia Moscoso cordero M.D9977 WOODS DR STE 300 SKOKIE IL 60077
- Dr. Tama Porter MD9977 Woods Dr Skokie IL 60077
- Dr. Liana K Billings MD, MMSC9977 WOODS DR SKOKIE IL 60077
- Dr. Erica Gold Sinsheimer MD9933 Lawler Ave Skokie IL 60077
- Dr. Alexandra Eudokia Reiher MD9977 Woods Dr Skokie IL 60077