Dr. Karen D Kennedy MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry3550 Concord Rd York PA, 17402
Dr. Karen Kennedy practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in York, PA. Dr. Kennedy evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Kennedy seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1989
Penn State Medicine
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1989
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Psychiatry
- University Hospital
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Dr. Karen D Kennedy MD's Practice location
York, PA 17402Get Direction
Dr. Karen D Kennedy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kennedy
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Andreea Adiaconitei M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Juanita Taylor MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Junaid A. Hussain M.D.790 New Holland Ave Lancaster PA 17602
- Dr. Jimmy O Ibikunle MD2078 Bernays Dr York PA 17404
- Dr. Jolene Hillwig-garcia M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Lidija Petrovic-dovat M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033