Dr. James Hopson is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Hopson performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1983
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1983
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
James R Hopson MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52245Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
James R Hopson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Michael G Kienzle MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Bassam G. Wanna M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242