Dr. Conrad M Swartz M.D., PH.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry901 W Jefferson St Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Conrad Swartz is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Swartz specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Swartz helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1974
University of Mn Med Sch 1974
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Postictal asystole during ECT.
- Mania or anxiety disorders linked to panic disorder.
- Risk from lithium with acetylcholinesterase inhibitor.
- Diminished ECT response in catatonia due to chronic neurologic condition.
- Central pontine myelinolysis and lithium toxicity.
- Aspiration and postictal agitation after electroconvulsive therapy with propofol but no succinylcholine or atropinic agent.
- Dystonic rabbit syndrome from citalopram.
- Electroconvulsive therapy stimulus dose expressed as volume of seizure foci.
- Carvedilol suppresses intractable hiccups.
- ECT generalized seizure drives heart rate above treadmill stress test maximum.
- ECT not proven for atypical depression.
- Propofol interruption of ECT seizure to reduce side-effects: a pilot study.
- Regarding pulmonary embolism during an episode of catatonic depression.
- Rational electroconvulsive therapy electrode placement.
- Clinically insubstantial cognitive side effects of bitemporal electroconvulsive therapy at 0.5 msec pulse width.
- Stimulus current may affect ultrabrief electroconvulsive therapy efficacy.
- Artifactual rediagnosis of psychotic depression as schizophrenia.
- Age-based seizure threshold determination.
- A mechanism of seizure induction by electricity and its clinical implications.
- Postictal Agitation Syndrome or Anxiety Symptoms.
- Artifactual effect of propofol on ECT peak heart rate.
- Postictal agitation syndrome or anxiety symptoms.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Psychiatry; Abbott-Nwestern/Allina Hlth Sy, Internal Medicine
- Abbott Nwestern/Allina Health Sy
Dr. Conrad M Swartz M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
VANCOUVER, WA 98685Get Direction
Dr. Conrad M Swartz M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Swartz
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Seetal Kakumani MBBS1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Stephanie Ann Van ulft M. D.444 N Pleasant Ave Centralia IL 62801
- Dr. Fareed Tabatabai M.D.3225 Hedley Rd Springfield IL 62711
- Dr. Richard B Alexander M.D.3225 Hedley Rd Springfield IL 62711
- Dr. Laura K Shea M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702