Dr. Peter Derek Markel MD
Emergency Physician75 Nielson St Em Dept Watsonville CA, 95076
Dr. Peter Markel practices Emergency Medicine in Watsonville, CA. Dr. Markel assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Markel examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1994
Medical College of Wisconsin 1994
- Allele dose analysis in recombinant inbred strains: a tool for multiple phenotype analysis with implications for quantitative trait loci mapping.
- Mapping quantitative trait loci for behavioral traits in the mouse.
- Use of repeated measures in an analysis of ethanol-induced loss of righting reflex in inbred long-sleep and short-sleep mice.
- A multivariate analysis of repeated measures: linkage of the albinism gene (Tyr) to a QTL influencing ethanol-induced anesthesia in laboratory mice.
- Ethanol-induced anesthesia in inbred strains of long-sleep and short-sleep mice: a genetic analysis of repeated measures using censored data.
- Initial characterization of STS markers in the LSXSS series of recombinant inbred strains.
- Quantitative trait loci for ethanol sensitivity in the LS x SS recombinant inbred strains: interval mapping.
- Common quantitative trait loci for alcohol-related behaviors and central nervous system neurotensin measures: hypnotic and hypothermic effects.
- Confirmation of quantitative trait loci for ethanol sensitivity in long-sleep and short-sleep mice.
- Lincoln Med Mntl Hlth Ctr, Emergency Medicine Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Peter Derek Markel MD's Practice location
Watsonville, CA 95076Get Direction
Dr. Peter Derek Markel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Markel
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Dr. Jane Koopman MD4663 Scotts Valley Dr Scotts Valley CA 95066
- Dr. James B Maguire M.D.2025 Soquel Ave Santa Cruz CA 95062
- Dr. Julia Shuleshko D.O2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose CA 95124
- Dr. Matthew Wiesinger M.D.1555 Soquel Dr Santa Cruz CA 95065
- Dr. Andrew Lewis DO10330 Sawmill Pkwy Powell OH 43065
- Thomas Halderman PA2025 Soquel Ave Santa Cruz CA 95062