Dr. Alberto Silva is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Silva specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Silva can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Silva can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Nacl Auto De Mexico, Fac De Med, Mexico Df, Mexico 1956
University Of Mexico 1956
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1956
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Lewis Mem Maternity Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Loyola University Medical Center 1957
Dr. Alberto Silva MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60623Get Direction
Dr. Alberto Silva MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Fibroids?
Fibroids don’t have clear signs and symptoms. However, there are certain symptoms a woman with fibroids will show. Before you understand the signs and symptoms of fibroids, you should know some key facts:...
- How Does a Patient's Surgeon Influence Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions?
When a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first treatment options is to remove the affected tissue, typically through a mastectomy. In addition to a mastectomy, a patient may also undergo chemotherapy in order to eradicate traces of the disease that may remain or have spread beyond...
- Recovery from a Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric bypass surgery can provide a long-term weight loss. For most people, they lose about 10 to 20 pounds each month within the first year after surgery. Over time, the weight loss continues. More weight is expected to be lost when the patient seriously commits to the diet and exercise since the...
- How Is Ovarian Cancer Diagnosed?
Ovarian cancer can affect every woman in the world, including those who are at an age above 60, but also those who are younger than that. The symptoms of ovarian cancer are mild in the early stages, so many women confuse them with a regular period or ovulation pain. That is the reason why ovarian...
- FAQ: My Body After Birth
Why do I still look pregnant even though I'm not?You still look pregnant after giving birth because your abdominal muscles have been stretched and weakened during pregnancy. In addition, your uterus still needs time to shrink down.Start exercising and strengthen your abdominal muscles as soon as...
- Squelching Ovarian Cancer: The Not-So-Silent Killer
Regardless of its widely-known nickname, ovarian cancer is not really a silent killer. There are symptoms, but they are fairly noticeable or commonly mistaken for another condition, such as irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, the search progresses for new biomarkers, more positive outcomes, as...
- Dr. Mary Wood Molo MD1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.5207 Main Street Downers Grove IL 60515
- Preeti Jhaveri1300 West Devon Chicago Illinois 60660
- Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.5758 South Maryland Avenue Chicago Illinois 60637
- Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.5050 South State St Chicago IL 60609
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646