Dr. Oranu Ibekie is a family practitioner practicing in Merrillville, IN. Dr. Ibekie specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Ibekie possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Lagos Coll of Med-Lagos,Nigeria 1991
University of Lagos College of Medicine
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Methodist Hospitals, Family Medicine
- Methodist Hospital (Houston) Program
Dr. Oranu G Ibekie M.D.'s Practice location
Merrillville, IN 46410Get Direction
MERRILLVILLE, IN 46410Get Direction
Dr. Oranu G Ibekie M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods
What is Fermented Food?Fermented food involves the process of fermentation where food is exposed to bacteria, yeast, or a combination of these microbes. This food is then broken down to lactic acid, which allows the microbes to enter through the air in the environment. Lactic acid protects us and...
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac: The Rashes
What is poison ivy? Poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans) is a popular plant known for causing rashes and skin irritation when one comes in contact with it.Poison ivy is a woody shrub or vine that is found in either shady or sunny locations. It can grow up to six feet tall as a shrub, or 150 feet tall...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Symptoms of Mono
Mono SymptomsInfectious mononucleosis is the technical and formal name of the disease commonly known as "mono". This disease is typically caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), but it can also be caused by other viruses such as cytomegalovirus. Once a person becomes infected, the symptoms may...
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- Dr. C. Randall Chube M.D.9339 Calumet Ave Munster Indiana 46321
- Dr. Judith Marie Pickett M.D.7905 Calumet Ave Munster IN 46321
- Dr. Matthew Todd Johnson MD344 Victory Dr Park Forest IL 60466
- Dr. Michael Kovacich MD9660 Wicker Ave Saint John IN 46373
- Dr. Dorian R Finder M.D.740 Waukegan Rd Deerfield IL 60015
- Dr. Dwayne Bernard Buchanan M.D.19550 Governors Hwy Flossmoor IL 60422