Dr. Nicole Grogan is a rheumatologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Grogan specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Grogan treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Nicole Margo Grogan M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Nicole Margo Grogan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Saliva Test to Diagnose Lupus May Soon Exist
Researchers have created a simplified technique to diagnose lupus using saliva. The initial research took place at the University of Houston, and was thanks to a $387,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health. If successful, the saliva test could very well replace the invasive methods that...
- The Latest Advancements in Treatment and Research for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Patients and providers alike are often faced with unique challenges when it comes to treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). The disease is not well understood, there is no cure, and treatments often require a trial and error process.Luckily, technology and research are constantly advancing...
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Thyroid
Rheumatoid arthritis and the thyroid gland have a complex relationship.The relationship is so complex that people do not yet fully understand how it works. But it has been found that one autoimmune disorder can increase the risk of developing another, and thyroid function is often depleted because...
- Risky Surgery Gives Man with Rheumatoid Arthritis Ability to Look Up After Decades
When Rodney Wente started experiencing pain and discomfort in his lower back, he knew that it couldn’t be good news. He was already dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune condition that caused inflammation all over his body. He was getting older, and his body was beginning to fail. When...
- The Benefits of Krill Oil on Lupus
Krill are little shrimp-like crustaceans rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s are vital nutrients and are used to maintain the healthy function of the brain and retina. EPA, or eicosapentaenoic acid, and DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid, are also fundamental in regulating cell activity and...
- Finding Support for Men with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease mostly suffered by women. However, researches have shown that at least 5 million adults are suffering from this condition only in the U.S. Some of the most representative symptoms of the condition are chronic pain and fatigue. Lack of strength in general can lead to...
- Dr. Elizabeth H Field MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Bogdan Nicolae Cherascu MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John W Rachow MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Petar S Lenert MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Scott A Vogelgesang MD200 Hawkins Dr C 31 Gh Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jacob Ijdo MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242