Dr. James D. Bristow M. D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric CardiologyUcsf Medical Center 400 Parnassus Avenue San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. James Bristow has a special interest in genetic aspects of congenital heart disease and connective tissue disorders. The Cardiac Genetics clinic is held on the fourth Thursday of every month and s ...
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Objective and subjective analysis of left ventricular angiograms.
- Three cases of circumscribed pulmonary opacities simulating tumor.
- Intermittent "normal" ventricular conduction appearing in left bundle branch block: a vectorcardiographic study.
- Hemorrhagic ascites due to perforated duodenal ulcer: report of a case.
- Hemopericardium following rupture of a bacterial aortic sinus aneurysm.
- Observations with the Frank system of vectorcardiography in left ventricular hypertrophy.
- Estimation of left ventricular residual volume in the dog by a thermodilution method.
- The influence of heart rate on left ventricular volume in dogs.
- Thermodilution studies of ventricular volume changes due to isoproterenol and bleeding.
- CLINICAL AND HEMODYNAMIC RESULTS OF AORTIC VALVULAR REPLACEMENT WITH A BALL-VALVE PROSTHESIS.
- LEFT VENTRICULAR VOLUME MEASUREMENTS IN MAN BY THERMODILUTION.
- SELECTION OF PATIENTS FOR VALVULAR HEART SURGERY.
- THE USE OF DIGITALIS IN CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY.
- SPONTANEOUS BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK IN RHEUSUS MONKEYS.
- RECOGNITION OF LEFT VENTRICULAR OUTFLOW OBSTRUCTION.
- UCSF Medical Center, Cardiovascular Diseases 1988
Dr. James D. Bristow M. D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Dr. Norman Silverman M.D.505 PARNASSUS AVE SAN FRANCISCO CA 94143
- Dr. Matthew Alan Hazle M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Scott J Soifer M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Michele L. Mietus-snyder M.D.2 Koret Way San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jennifer Davenport M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Deepak Srivastava M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143