Dr. Donovan T. Maust MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry800 Spruce Street 4th Floor Philadelphia PA, 19107
Dr. Donovan Maust is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Maust specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Maust helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
- Capsule commentary on Lewis et al., Innovation in the safety net: integrating community health centers through accountable care.
- Antidepressant prescribing in elderly populations.
- Do organizations forming ACOs have mental health providers?
- Improving psychotropic medication use among persons with dementia.
- Unintended Consequences of Adjusting Citalopram Prescriptions Following the 2011 FDA Warning.
- Opioids and Other Central Nervous System-Active Polypharmacy in Older Adults in the United States.
- Good Intentions, But What About Unintended Consequences?
- Association Between Spousal Caregiver Well-Being and Care Recipient Healthcare Expenditures.
Dr. Donovan T. Maust MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
ANN ARBOR, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Donovan T. Maust MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maust
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Edward Joseph Goebel M.D.Bala Executive Commons Bala Cynwyd PA 19004
- Dr. Martin M Forsberg M.D.42 E Laurel Rd Stratford NJ 08084
- Dr. Karen Valdez MD100 E Lehigh Ave Philadelphia PA 19125
- Dr. Asma Badar M.D.25 Ikea Dr Mount Holly NJ 08060
- Dr. Susan Karen Ball MD1 Medical Center Blvd Chester PA 19013
- Dr. Barry W. Rovner M.D.833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107