Dr. Troy M Smurawa M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sports Medicine1 Perkins Sq Akron OH, 44308
Dr. Troy Smurawa is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Akron, OH. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Smurawa is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1991
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sports Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Sports Medicine
- Staff MED STAFF/ WALT DISNEY WORLD WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS COMPLEX
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member NORTH AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR PEDATRIC SCIENCE AND EXERCISE
- Staff STAFF PRV/SCOTTISH RITE CHILDRENS HOSP/ATLANTA, GA
- Staff STAFF PRV/EGLESTON CHILDREN'S HOSP/ATLANTA, GA
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE
- Member AMERICAN MEDICAL SOCIETY FOR SPORTS MEDICINE
- SPORTS MEDICINE, AKRON CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, AKRON, OH 1994
Dr. Troy M Smurawa M.D.'s Practice location
Akron, OH 44308Get Direction
PLANO, TX 75024Get Direction
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- Selena Gomez Starts Boxing After Kidney Transplant
In September, an important announcement from singer and actress Selena Gomez surprised and shocked her fans: she had undergone a kidney transplant to try to combat the complications from lupus. Selena's revelation is part of a special TV program conducted by the journalist Savannah Guthrie and...
- As Multiple Sclerosis Urgency Increases, Prices Are Projected to Rise
Access to affordable health care has been a fundamental question for all developed nations, and remains particularly relevant to the United States today. It is crucial that patients with chronic or life-threatening illnesses have continuous access to quality health care, and that the cost of that...
- Harry Connick Jr.'s Wife, Jill Goodacre, Discusses Breast Cancer Diagnosis
A breast cancer diagnosis can come as a shock to anyone. Five years ago, Jill Goodacre Connick went in for a routine yearly check-up, and walked out with a breast cancer diagnosis.“I’ll never forget it. It was one of the hardest days of my life,” she said.She and her husband, Harry Connick...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- New One-day Treatment for Breast Cancer
One in eight U.S. women are diagnosed with breast cancer. When a woman finds out she is one of those statistics, the news is overwhelming; depression, fear, and anxiety are common. The reality is tough to bear.It’s obvious that the treatment of breast cancer is one of long-time commitment. So,...
- Dr. Joseph A Congeni M.D.388 S Main St Akron OH 44311
- Dr. Emmanuel Olayinka Adekunle M.D.1600 E TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD AKRON OH 44312