Dr. Karen Renov is a psychologist practicing in Far Rockaway, NY. Dr. Renov specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Renov evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Renov because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Karen Renov PHD's Expert Contributions
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Great training as well as supervision, self growth, self care, and hard work.
Dr. Karen Renov PHD's Practice location
Far Rockaway, NY 11691Get Direction
Cedarhurst, New York 11516Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karen Renov PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karen Renov PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Reasons Why You Need Psychotherapy
What Is Psychotherapy?Psychotherapy is an arrangement of treatments that are used in solving life issues such as mental disorders, psychiatric disorders, and emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy assists you in understanding your feelings, to sustain positivity, dealing with depression, and coping...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- Micah Johnson- Dallas Cop-Killer Did He Suffer From PTSD
Micah Xavier Johnson, 25 years old from Mesquite, Texas, seemed to be one of America's heroes...an army veteran. With no known ties to terror, no criminal past, and a record as an upstanding member of the U.S. military with a completed tour to Afghanistan, how could it be that this...
- Dr. Sonja M. Ramirez PH.D.Mobile office New York and Northeastern NJ 07110
- Dr. Dominick John Riccio PSYCHOLOGIST1036 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST229-07 64th Ave Flushing New York 11364
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Vanessa Porto Caskey412 6th Avenue New York New York 10011
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545