Dr. Michael Briggs practices Pulmonology in Fargo, ND. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Briggs manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Cardiac Icu, Surgical Icu
- Louisiana State University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Michael S Briggs MD's Practice location
Fargo, ND 58103Get Direction
Dr. Michael S Briggs MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma refers to the chronic inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. The causes for asthma differ depending on the individual. During an asthma attack, the airways become narrow, inflamed, and begin to fill with mucus. This makes breathing a difficult task, and leads to coughing and...
- All about Bronchitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is a pulmonary disorder that occurs due to inflammation of airway lining of the lungs, resulting in respiratory distress. Bronchitis is often characterized by cough that produces thick mucus (phlegm) often yellowish-green in color, indicating an underlying infection. ...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Jaise Thekkan Poulose M.D.3000 32nd Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Dr. Karol Z Kremens M.D.3000 32nd Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Dr. Praveen Jinnur MD1702 UNIVERSITY DR S FARGO ND 58103
- Dr. Donald J Matthees MD3000 32nd Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Gwen Elizabeth Thompson MD3000 32ND AVE S FARGO ND 58103
- Dr. Herman Ryan Sequeira M.D.1702 UNIVERSITY DR S FARGO ND 58103