Dr. Joseph Pergolizzi is an anesthesiologist practicing in Naples, FL. Dr. Pergolizzi ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Pergolizzi also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1996
- Cryosurgery for unresectable primary hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report and review of literature.
- Anesthesiologists' practice patterns for treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the ambulatory Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
- Systematic literature review of spinal decompression via motorized traction for chronic discogenic low back pain.
- Treatment of 94 outpatients with chronic discogenic low back pain with the DRX9000: a retrospective chart review.
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter trial comparing transdermal scopolamine plus ondansetron to ondansetron alone for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the outpatient setting.
- The role of transdermal buprenorphine in the treatment of cancer pain: an expert panel consensus.
- Considerations on the use of oxymorphone in geriatric patients.
- Preliminary observations of a novel topical oil with analgesic properties for treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes.
- The determination and application of fixed-dose analgesic combinations for treating multimodal pain.
- Phase II study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the oral neurokinin-1
- Oxycodone combinations for pain relief.
- Restoration of disk height through non-surgical spinal decompression is associated with decreased discogenic low back pain: a retrospective cohort study.
- Opioid formulations designed to resist/deter abuse.
- Prevalence of exposure to potential CYP450 pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions among patients with chronic low back pain taking opioids.
- The evolving understanding of the analgesic mechanism of action of flupirtine.
- Greater Baltimore Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD's Practice location
Naples, FL 34108Get Direction
Naples, Florida 34108Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD | Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pergolizzi
- Black Widow Spider Bite: What Does It Look Like?
The black widow spider is one of the most poisonous spiders often seen in North America. These spiders thrive at moderate temperatures and are mostly found in the south and western US regions.They are often found in places surrounded by bushes, open areas such as outdoor bathrooms and toilets, open...
- What Is Squamous Cell Carcinoma?
Squamous cell carcinoma is a kind of small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) that constitutes nearly 20 percent of all lung cancers. As the name indicates, the small-cell lung cancers form a smaller variety of lung cells that line surfaces and cavities, and are normally located in the central airways...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Richard Juda M.D.6101 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34119
- Rashida Loya3951 gulf shore blvd N Naples Florida 34103
- Dr. Henry Donn Venable M.D.9224 Astonia Way Fort Myers FL 33967
- Dr. Heather Lyn Smith-fernandez M.D.2350 VANDERBILT BEACH RD NAPLES FL 34109
- Dr. Vander M Wynn MD1336 Creekside Blvd Naples FL 34108
- Dr. William B Caldwell DO.4949 Tamiami Trail N Naples FL 34103