Dr. Joseph Pergolizzi is an anesthesiologist practicing in Naples, FL. Dr. Pergolizzi ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Pergolizzi also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1996
- Cryosurgery for unresectable primary hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report and review of literature.
- Anesthesiologists' practice patterns for treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the ambulatory Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
- Systematic literature review of spinal decompression via motorized traction for chronic discogenic low back pain.
- Treatment of 94 outpatients with chronic discogenic low back pain with the DRX9000: a retrospective chart review.
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter trial comparing transdermal scopolamine plus ondansetron to ondansetron alone for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the outpatient setting.
- The role of transdermal buprenorphine in the treatment of cancer pain: an expert panel consensus.
- Considerations on the use of oxymorphone in geriatric patients.
- Preliminary observations of a novel topical oil with analgesic properties for treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes.
- The determination and application of fixed-dose analgesic combinations for treating multimodal pain.
- Phase II study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the oral neurokinin-1
- Oxycodone combinations for pain relief.
- Restoration of disk height through non-surgical spinal decompression is associated with decreased discogenic low back pain: a retrospective cohort study.
- Opioid formulations designed to resist/deter abuse.
- Prevalence of exposure to potential CYP450 pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions among patients with chronic low back pain taking opioids.
- The evolving understanding of the analgesic mechanism of action of flupirtine.
- Transdermal scopolamine for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Exposure to potential CYP450 pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions among osteoarthritis patients: incremental risk of multiple prescriptions.
- Casopitant and ondansetron for postoperative nausea and vomiting prevention in women at high risk for emesis: a phase 3 study.
- Multi-mechanistic analgesia for opioid-induced hyperalgesia.
- Deciphering the mechanism(s) of action of natural products: analgesic peroxide oil as example.
- Bullying in middle school: results from a 2008 survey.
- Economic impact of potential CYP450 pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions among chronic low back pain patients taking opioids.
- Economic impact of potential drug-drug interactions among osteoarthritis patients taking opioids.
- Quantifying the impact of drug-drug interactions associated with opioids.
- Intracerebroventricular opioids for intractable pain.
- Pain Management in the Elderly: An FDA Safe Use Initiative Expert Panel's View on Preventable Harm Associated with NSAID Therapy.
- Fixed-dose combinations for emerging treatment of pain.
- QTc interval prolongation by d-propoxyphene: what about other analgesics?
- Controlled release formulation of oxycodone in patients with moderate to severe chronic osteoarthritis: a critical review of the literature.
- Is morphine medicine's biggest misnomer?
- Tramadol/paracetamol fixed-dose combination in the treatment of moderate to severe pain.
- Treatment of chronic pain in older people: evidence-based choice of strong-acting opioids.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study of the impact of the 7-day buprenorphine transdermal system on health-related quality of life in opioid-naïve patients with moderate-to-severe chronic low back pain.
- Pain treatment in arthritis-related pain: beyond NSAIDs.
- Tapentadol extended release for chronic pain patients.
- Compounding pharmacies: who is in charge?
- Development of federally mandated risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) for transmucosal immediate-release fentanyl products.
- Opioid antagonists for pain.
- Abuse-deterrent formulations of opioid analgesics.
- Opioid-induced hyperalgesia: is it clinically relevant for the treatment of pain patients?
- Sequestered naltrexone in sustained release morphine or oxycodone - a way to inhibit illicit use?
- A modern analgesics pain 'pyramid'.
- The impact of buprenorphine transdermal delivery system on activities of daily living among patients with chronic low back pain: an application of the international classification of functioning, disability and health.
- Predicting medication persistence to buprenorphine transdermal system.
- Naltrexone extended-release injection: an option for the management of opioid abuse.
- Pain and obesity in the older adult.
- US practitioner prescribing practices and patient characteristics of those newly treated with a buprenorphine transdermal patch system.
- Ketorolac tromethamine - routes and clinical implications.
- The effect of transdermal scopolamine for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting.
- Tramadol/Paracetamol fixed-dose combination for chronic pain management in family practice: a clinical review.
- 'Selective' COX-1 or COX-2 NSAIDs: time to change a misleading measure.
- The clinical analgesic efficacy of buprenorphine.
- Opioid formulations with sequestered naltrexone: a perspective review.
- Acute pain: effective management requires comprehensive assessment.
- Treatment Considerations for Cancer Pain: A Global Perspective.
- Buprenorphine transdermal system compared with placebo reduces interference in functioning for chronic low back pain.
- Buprenorphine Transdermal System Improves Sleep Quality and Reduces Sleep Disturbance in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Chronic Low Back Pain: Results from Two Randomized Controlled Trials.
- DEA reschedules hydrocodone combination products.
- A Subgroup Analysis Found no Diminished Response to Buprenorphine Transdermal System Treatment for Chronic Low Back Pain Patients Classified with Depression.
- New care measures and their impact on pain medicine: One pain specialist's perspective.
- The unique role of transdermal buprenorphine in the global chronic pain epidemic.
- The role of abuse-deterrent formulations in countering opioid misuse and abuse.
- Postoperative Pain Surveys in Italy from 2006 and 2012: (POPSI and POPSI-2).
- [Good clinical practice guide for opioids in pain management: the three Ts - titration (trial), tweaking (tailoring), transition (tapering)].
- Good clinical practice guide for opioids in pain management: the three Ts - titration (trial), tweaking (tailoring), transition (tapering).
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Survey of Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Noncancer Pain in Taiwan-Comparison of Pain and Non-Pain Physicians.
- Application of human factors engineering (HFE) to the design of a naloxone
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention opioid guidelines: potential for unintended consequences and will they be abused?
- Comments and Suggestions from Pain Specialists Regarding the CDC's Proposed Opioid Guidelines.
- Change Pain: Ever Evolving-An Update for 2016.
- Safety of buprenorphine transdermal system in the management of pain in older adults.
- Long-term use of opioids in 210 officially registered patients with chronic noncancer pain in Taiwan: A cross-sectional study.
- The Basic Pharmacology of Opioids Informs the Opioid Discourse about Misuse and Abuse: A Review.
- The effects of food on opioid-induced nausea and vomiting and pharmacological parameters: a systematic review.
- Raising Awareness Among Healthcare Providers about Epidermolysis Bullosa and Advancing Toward a Cure.
- Greater Baltimore Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Joseph Vincent Pergolizzi M.D.'s Practice location
Naples, FL 34108 Get Direction
NAPLES, FL 34108 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Joseph Vincent Pergolizzi M.D. | Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Joseph Vincent Pergolizzi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pergolizzi
- How Are Gallstones Diagnosed?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are stones that are formed either in your gallbladder or the bile duct. The gallbladder is a small organ located just under the liver. Its basic function is to hold bile, which is a digestive fluid secreted by the liver. The gallbladder releases bile when it is...
- How to Create an Eye-Catching Nurse Resume
If you want to land your first nursing job fresh out of nursing school, then you have to start by making a very impressive resume. Healthcare recruiters take their manpower recruiting very seriously because they’re not only hiring nurses but also caretakers and possibly lifesavers of patients. The...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Richard Juda M.D. 9128 Strada Place Naples Florida 34108
- Dr. Henry Donn Venable M.D. 10410 Cliffwood Dr Houston TX 77035
- Dr. Heather Lyn Smith-fernandez M.D. 5728 Hammock Isles Dr Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Vander M Wynn MD 1336 Creekside Blvd Naples FL 34108
- Dr. Michael R Nolan MD 1336 Creekside Blvd Naples FL 34108
- Dr. Paul Edward Beebe M.D. 5741 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota FL 34233