Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD
Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine840 111th Avenue North Suite 7 Naples FL, 34108
Dr. Joseph Pergolizzi is an anesthesiologist practicing in Naples, FL. Dr. Pergolizzi ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Pergolizzi also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1996
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cryosurgery for unresectable primary hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report and review of literature.
- Anesthesiologists' practice patterns for treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the ambulatory Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
- Systematic literature review of spinal decompression via motorized traction for chronic discogenic low back pain.
- Treatment of 94 outpatients with chronic discogenic low back pain with the DRX9000: a retrospective chart review.
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter trial comparing transdermal scopolamine plus ondansetron to ondansetron alone for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting in the outpatient setting.
- The role of transdermal buprenorphine in the treatment of cancer pain: an expert panel consensus.
- Considerations on the use of oxymorphone in geriatric patients.
- Preliminary observations of a novel topical oil with analgesic properties for treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes.
- The determination and application of fixed-dose analgesic combinations for treating multimodal pain.
- Phase II study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the oral neurokinin-1
- Oxycodone combinations for pain relief.
- Restoration of disk height through non-surgical spinal decompression is associated with decreased discogenic low back pain: a retrospective cohort study.
- Opioid formulations designed to resist/deter abuse.
- Prevalence of exposure to potential CYP450 pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions among patients with chronic low back pain taking opioids.
- The evolving understanding of the analgesic mechanism of action of flupirtine.
Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD's Practice location
Naples, FL 34108Get Direction
Naples, Florida 34108Get Direction
Dr. Dr. Joseph V. Pergolizzi Jr, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pergolizzi
- What Is Stratum Corneum: Function and Structure
The stratum corneum is the outermost epidermal layer of the skin, which consists of dead cells called corneocytes. It is the major barrier of the skin when it comes to chemical transfers. The main purpose of the stratum corneum is to protect the underlying tissues by forming a barrier. The...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Richard Juda M.D.6101 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Heather Smith-Fernandez M.D.2350 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Naples FL 34109
- Rashida Loya3951 Gulf Shore Blvd N Naples Florida 34103
- Dr. Henry Donn Venable M.D.9224 Astonia Way Fort Myers FL 33967
- Michael Silva M.D.4513 Executive Dr Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Luciana Curia MD11190 Health Park Blvd Naples FL 34110