Dr. Michael Freed MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology300 Longwood Ave Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Michael Freed is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Freed specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1968
New York University School of Medicine 1968
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 1991 Best Doctor in America/Woodward White 1991, 1994
- 1997 1999
- 1996 Best Doctor in America Good House Keeping
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Children'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Nyu Hospitals Center, Pediatrics
- Bellevue Hospital Center 1969
- Bellevue Hospital Center 1968
- New York University School of Medicine Program
- Harvard Medical School, to - Boston, MA 1970
- Boston Children's Hospital, Fellow:Cardiovascular Diseases 1970
- Boston Children's Hospital, Fellow:Cardiovascular Diseases 1972
Dr. Michael Freed MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael Freed MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freed
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. Rahul Hardas Rathod M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Steven Donald Colan MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Kanta Nagpaul M.D.3 Woodland Rd Stoneham MA 02180
- Dr. Joshua Warren Salvin MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Justin P Zachariah M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Christina Vanderpluym M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115