Dr. Zheng Fan is a pediatrician practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Fan is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Fan diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Fan can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Fudan University MD
Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai First Medical University Medical
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- 2007 K30 Clinical Research Scholar, NIH
- UNC-CH 2008 UNC Medical Alumni Endowment Grant award
- Member North Carolina Medical Genetics Society
- Member American College of Medical Genetics
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Member Child Neurology Society
- UNC Hospitals 2003
- University of North Carolina 2004
- University of North Carolina Hospitals, Clinical Genetics, NC, USA 2006
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Clinical Genetics 2006
Dr. Zheng Fan MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Dr. Zheng Fan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fan
- Nursemaid's Elbow Treatments
What is a nursemaid's elbow?A nursemaid's elbow is a common elbow injury among toddlers and preschoolers. This painful injury happens when a ligament slips out of its normal place in the joint. Sometimes, it resolves on its own. However, most of the time, healthcare providers help return the...
- Dehydration in Infants: What are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when the body has lost more water than the amount that it has taken in. A baby’s body is made up of 75 percent of water. Every day, your baby will lose some amount of water from the body due to crying, sweating, urination, bowel movements and even with...
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- Can You Get Mumps More than Once in Your Lifetime?
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection that’s preventable by vaccination. The virus is usually spread by coming in contact with infected individuals. It’s common for newborns, children, as well as young adults. Symptoms associated with the condition include:...
- Brown Rice Syrup Can Increase Your Risk for Different Medical Conditions
Organic brown rice syrup may increase the risk of heart disease and cancer due to the increase of arsenic in the body, according to researchers. Brown rice syrup is a very popular sweetener for many individual's who must eat gluten free. Adding this syrup to any food or beverage may increase levels...
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Dr. Jamila Fletcher MD10208 Cerny Street Raleigh North Carolina 27617
- Mrs. Stephanie Slater Rand MD4022 Freedom Lake Dr Durham North Carolina 27704
- Dr. May Kuo Slowik MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Mary Markert M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Poorvi J Shah MD4003 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704