Dr. Joseph Sacco is a cardiologist practicing in Albany, New York. Dr. Sacco specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sacco also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Mt Sinai Sch of Med of The City Univ of Ny, New York Ny 1983
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- St. Mary's, Connecticut
- St. Mary's Hospital, Connecticut
- St. Mary's Hospital; Waterbury, Connecticut
Professional Society Memberships
- American Heart Association, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American College of Physicians, American Federation for Medical Research
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Golfing, Sailing
Joseph D. Sacco MD's Practice location
Albany, New York 12208Get Direction
BRONX, NY 10457Get Direction
Joseph D. Sacco MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- The Three Best Treatment Methods for Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a very common condition that can happen to people of different ages. The thing about muscular dystrophy is that there is no definite cure for it. However, there are ways to manage the condition. There are a lot of medications and therapies that can be used in order to keep it...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- Richard F. Balsam1365 Washington Avenue Albany New York 12206
- Jonathan M. Desantis M.D.2 Palisades Drive Albany New York 12205
- Sulagna Mookherjee M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Robert D Millar M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Ramon A. Fabregas M.D.7 SOUTHWOODS BLVD ALBANY NY 12211
- Martin L Kahn MD530 First Ave New York NY 10016