Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.
Dermatologist36-A East 36th Street Suite 202 New York New York, 10016
Andrea Persaud, MD, completed her medical school and dermatology training at the prestigious Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York. Currently working with Manhattan Dermatology, PLLC, Dr. Persaud specializes in general dermatology, skin cancer surgery and cosmetic dermatology. She also serves as Vice President of Yauvan Professional Skin Care, offering a wide array of skin care products to rejuvenate skin for a youthful appearance.
Education and Training
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Successful treatment of acne vulgaris using a new method: results of a randomized vehicle-controlled trial of short-contact therapy with 0.1% tazarotene gel.
- Clinical effect of imiquimod 5% cream in the treatment of actinic keratosis.
- Idiopathic splinter hemorrhages.
- The causes of skin cancer: a comprehensive review.
- Diltiazem induces severe photodistributed hyperpigmentation: case series, histoimmunopathology, management, and review of the literature.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- New York University Medical Center -
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Mt Sinai School Med 1997
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University
- Bellevue Hospital, New York
Professional Society Memberships
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Articles and Publications
- 'Mustard: a potential agent of chemical warfare and terrorism'
- 'The causes of skin cancer: a comprehensive review'
Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.'s Practice location
New York, New York 10016Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10128Get Direction
New York, NY 10123Get Direction
Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Persaud
- What Causes Petechiae?
What is petechia?The definition of petechia falls under the category of hemorrhaging. A petechia, or more commonly used in Latin plural, petechiae, are microscopically small dots which appear beneath the skin surface in red, brown or purple color. We refer to them in plural because they are barely...
- Are Moles Serious?
A mole, or nevi, is a small group of pigmented cells that appear in different parts of the body; moles are an extremely common skin condition. They usually range from light brown to black in color, and may be found in small clusters or as one single lesion. These benign lesions first occur in...
- How Do I Prevent Wrinkles?
Rejuvenating the skin to look youthful and healthy is now possible with a range of techniques. Treatment for healthy skin varies depending on the individual. Tips to maintain healthy skin:...
- Holistic Treatments for Acne
Many teenagers experience the dread of acne at one point in their life. Pus-filled bumps, blackheads, and whiteheads are often referred to as pimples. Acne is a disease mostly affecting teens and young adults. 8 out of every 10 people suffer from acne. Mild acne is usually considered as a normal...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- Understanding Acne and Its Causes
Acne can appear on the skin as tender red bumps also known as pimples, pustules (bumps containing pus), and occasionally as cysts. Acne can be found on almost any part of your body, but most commonly it develops on your face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. ...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Nelson Lee Novick MD500 E 85th St New York NY 10028
- Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez MD117 East 18th Street New York NY 10006
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD73 Spring Street New York NY 10012
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,75 N. Maple Ave Ridgewood NJ 07450
- Dr. Ellen Marmur M.D.5 E 98th St 5th Floor New York NY 10029