Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.
Dermatologist36-A East 36th Street Suite 202 New York New York, 10016
Andrea Persaud, MD, completed her medical school and dermatology training at the prestigious Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York. Currently working with Manhattan Dermatology, PLLC, Dr. Persaud specializes in general dermatology, skin cancer surgery and cosmetic dermatology. She also serves as Vice President of Yauvan Professional Skin Care, offering a wide array of skin care products to rejuvenate skin for a youthful appearance.
Education and Training
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Successful treatment of acne vulgaris using a new method: results of a randomized vehicle-controlled trial of short-contact therapy with 0.1% tazarotene gel.
- Clinical effect of imiquimod 5% cream in the treatment of actinic keratosis.
- Idiopathic splinter hemorrhages.
- The causes of skin cancer: a comprehensive review.
- Diltiazem induces severe photodistributed hyperpigmentation: case series, histoimmunopathology, management, and review of the literature.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- New York University Medical Center -
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Mt Sinai School Med 1997
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University
- Bellevue Hospital, New York
Professional Society Memberships
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Articles and Publications
- 'Mustard: a potential agent of chemical warfare and terrorism'
- 'The causes of skin cancer: a comprehensive review'
- New York University Medical Center
- Manhattan VA
Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.'s Practice location
New York, New York 10016Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10128Get Direction
New York, NY 10123Get Direction
Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Persaud
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Ringworm in Dogs: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
What is Ringworm? Ringworm is a fungal skin disease. The fungi live on the skin surface and skin follicle. They feed on dead skin tissue and hair. The most predominant fungus that can cause ringworm is Microsporum canis, which can affect the superficial layer of hair, nails, and skin. Medically,...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- What Is Keratosis Pilaris and How Can We Treat It?
What is keratosis pilaris?Keratosis pilaris is a harmless skin condition that is often seen in children in adolescents. It is characterized by dry and tiny bumps on the skin, similar to a sandpaper texture. The small bumps usually appear on the face, arms, thighs, or buttocks. However, they are...
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spectazole
Spectazole cream is a well-known medicated cream used to treat fungal infections of the skin. It is an effective antifungal agent that kills fungi by hampering its cell membrane and causing it to die. Spectazole is also known by its generic name econazole nitrate. Spectazole is helpful in treating a...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Allen Nathan Sapadin MD370 Summit Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez MD117 East 18th Street New York NY 10006
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD95 Chambers street New York New York 10007
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,50 Market Street Saddle Brook New Jersey 07663
- Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD960 Park Avenue New York New York 10028