Founder and Medical Director of Chevy Chase Dermatology, LLC, Dr. Margaret Sommerville draws on over ten years of clinical experience to offer the highest quality of cosmetic and medical skin care to the Washington DC, metropolitan area. An expert in minimally-invasive skin rejuvenation techniques, Dr. Sommerville was selected as one of 'America's Top Dermatologists' by the Consumer's Research Council of America.
Education and Training
George Washington University Medical School
Areas of expertise and specialization
- 'America's Top Dermatologists,' Consumer's Research Council of America
- 'Woman of the Year in Medicine and Healthcare,' American Biographical Institute
- University of Missouri
- University of Michigan
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery, American Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgery, Women's Dermatology Society, Montgomery County Medical Society
- America?s Top Dermatologists, Woman of the Year in Medicine, 2009
Margaret Sommerville's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Margaret Sommerville | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Margaret Sommerville's reviewsWrite Review
- How Does Stress Affect Your Skin?
Similar to how stress can affect gastrointestinal issues, the skin can also be affected by emotional stress. This is because stress releases a number of hormones that trigger a chemical response in the body. Most of these responses may make the skin more sensitive. Moreover, the chemicals may cause...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- What Are Freckles?
What are freckles?Freckles are flat and circular spots that are beige or brown in color. Their size is usually comparable to the size of the head of a small nail. People who have red hair and a fair complexion often have freckles because of the MC1R variant gene, which is responsible for the...
- Alternatives Used to Treat Acne Scars
Dermal FillersDermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of scars that have recessed. Common substances that are used as fillers and injected into the scars include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat. However, in order to maintain this look, you need to have injections repeatedly unless you...
- How Can I Remove the Bags Under My Eyes?
Under eye bags, a very common sign of aging, refer to the swollen regions under the eyes that give a puffy appearance. The skin under the eyes is very thin and is easily affected by the flow of fluids. Fluid retention is one of the common causes of under eye bags. These delicate tissues and muscles...
- Jock Itch: The Facts You Should Know
Jock itch can be very embarrassing. The skin folds itch like crazy in the wrong places at the wrong time. The more you scratch, the more reddish and tender the area becomes. Men get it more often than women, and you don’t have to be an athlete blazing the tracks to get this abdominal itch. Here...
- Dr. Minhal Alhashim MD10721 Main Street Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Edward Stolar MD1712 I Street Northwest Washington D.C. 20006
- Dr. Zidi Berger M.D.10215 Fernwood Road Bethesda Maryland 20817
- Dr. Missale L. Mesfin MD8301 OLD COURTHOUSE RD VIENNA VA 22182
- Dima Ali1801 Robert Fulton Drive Reston Virginia 20191
- Ali Hendi5454 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815