Dr. Georgia Willie-Carnegie is a cardiologist practicing in Washington, District of Columbia. Dr. Willie-Carnegie specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Willie-Carnegie also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1998
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1998
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Sciences, Howard University College of Medicine -
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- The Washington Hosp Ctr
- Washington Hospital Center
- Washington Hospital Center
- Providence Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
Mrs. Georgia S. Willie-Carnegie MD's Practice location
WASHINGTON, DC 20017Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mrs. Georgia S. Willie-Carnegie MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mrs. Georgia S. Willie-Carnegie MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While a lot think that this isn’t really anything to worry about, there are some studies that may link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea happens to be a very common sleeping disorder...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Bryan H. Curry2041 Georgia Avenue Washington District of Columbia 20060
- Dr. Bryan Raybuck M.D.8505 Arlington Blvd Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Mrs. Stephanie Schwalm Jacobs M.D.2002 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Dr. Ernesto Africano M.D.344 University Blvd West Silver Spring Maryland 20901
- Dr. Srivasavi K. Chaganti M.D.2900 Linden Lane Silver Spring Maryland 20910
- Dr. Martin James O'Hara MD1635 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205