Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology200 Lothrop Street Suite 5560 scaife Ha Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, 15213
Dr. Angel Lopez-Candales is a cardiologist practicing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Lopez-Candales specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Lopez-Candales also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Hospital of San Juan Puerto Rico
- Jewish Hospital at Washington University Graduate Medical Education Department
Articles and Publications
- 'Natural History of Pulmonary Artery Pressure in Patients Awaiting Cardiac Transplantation,' Journal of Heart Failure, 1999
- 'Noninvasive Estimation of Pulmonary Vascular Resistance in Pulmonary Hypertension,' Echocardiography, 2009
Angel Lopez-Candales's Practice location
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213Get Direction
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- Barry London MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Puvalai M. Vijaykumar MD5125 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Samer Azouz MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Raef Hajj-Ali6525 Beacon Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15217
- Siva K. Bhashyam MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Robert N Shogry MD1050 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh PA 15243