Bijan Nikakhtar, MD, FACP, has a private practice in Santa Monica, California. Dr. Nikakhtar specializes in treating disorders and diseases of the renal system and kidneys, as a nephrologist. He has contributed to 12 books and 150 articles in medical journals relating to these topics. With over 50 years of experience in the field, Dr. Nikakhter has also contributed to education at UCLA Irvine, and continues to serve Western University of Health Sciences as a Professor of Clinical Medicine.
Education and Training
Tehran University Of Medical Sciences And Health Services
Bijan Nikakhtar's Expert Contributions
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Clinical Medicine UCLA -
- Professor of Clinical Medicine Western University of Health Sciences -
- Former Professor of Clinical Medicine UCLA-Irvine -
- Elmhurst Hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital
Articles and Publications
- 12 Books and 150 Articles related to Internal Medicine and Nephrology
- UCLA Medical Center
Bijan Nikakhtar's Practice location
Santa Monica, California 90403Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Bijan Nikakhtar | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Bijan Nikakhtar's reviewsWrite Review
- Atarax for Nausea
Atarax Atarax is a prescription medication that belongs to the class of antihistamines. This drug blocks histamine, which is a chemical produced during an allergic reaction. The activity taking place in the central nervous system is also reduced when this drug is taken. Atarax is also used as a...
- Are Sugar Substitutes Good for Your Health?
Many people who try to lose weight insist on a healthy, balanced diet to shed the pounds they want to lose. Sugar substitutes and artificial sweeteners are a common ingredient in the diet that enables the individual to substitute sugar with these products to help with an effective weight loss. Sugar...
- What Is a Drug Interaction?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 deaths annually happen due to unintentional drug poisoning. Moreover, the US Food and Drug Administration stated that four or more prescribed medications are concurrently taken by 40 percent of Americans,...
- Is Walking an Effective Workout?
Walking has many conveniences. As a simple form of exercise, walking doesn't require any expensive equipment or special routine. It offers a number of health benefits, including weight loss, lowering of cholesterol, reducing the risk of diseases, and it improves circulation in the body.Many experts...
- Is Chocolate Good for Us?
Is Chocolate Good for Us?I will not stop eating or drooling over chocolates even if somebody tells me that it will kill me! I will still love and crave it. Is there a disease for where chocolate is the treatment? Guess I wouldn’t mind having that! I just can’t compare the happiness that I get...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Liviu Alexandru Chindris225 West Broadway Glendale California 91204
- Nazar al-Bussam2099 West Washington Boulevard Los Angeles California 90066
- Ms. Rita Kumar M.D.2080 Century Park EastSuite 1805 Los Angeles CA 90067
- Dr. Danielle Marie Mellace D.O.831 Countrymeadow Lane Sonoma California 95476
- Dr. Cranford L. Scott M.D.233 North Praire Avenue Inglewood California 90301
- Dr. Sean Leoni M.D.16661 Ventura Blvd. Encino California 91436