Dr. Alan T. Kawaguchi MD
Orthopedist2488 N. California Street Stockton California, 95204
Education and Training
New York University School of Medicine
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1994
New York University School of Medicine 1994
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Dr. Alan T. Kawaguchi MD's Expert Contributions
Yes. Diabetes causes circulation problems (narrowing of small blood vessels). The worse your blood circulation is, the longer for anything in your body to heal. READ MORE
Generally you don’t have to worry about osteoporosis until you hit menopause unless you are at risk due to other health problems. Genetics can play a role so your wife needs to be checked once she’s hit menopause. However, she should have her vitamin D level checked to make sure that she’s not vit D deficient especially if she is not out in the sun a lot. READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Segmental differences in vasodilatation due to basal NO release in in vivo cat pulmonary vessels.
- Partial left ventriculectomy. The First Japanese Registry Report 1999.
- Two-week, but not 1-week, hypoxic exposure enhances nitric oxide-mediated basal tone regulation in rat resistance pulmonary arteries.
- Lower sternal splitting for lateral revascularization during off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting using a modified "Lima" pericardial traction stitch.
- Single lung transplantation in rats with fatal pulmonary hypertension.
- Survival prediction in staged heart transplantation using Jarvik-7 artificial heart.
- Single lung transplantation in rats with chemically induced pulmonary hypertension.
- Preoperative risk analysis in patients receiving Jarvik-7 artificial heart as a bridge to transplantation.
- Effects of single-lung transplantation on chemically induced pulmonary hypertension in the rat.
- 24-hour storage for asphyxiated canine hearts with use of Belzer University of Wisconsin solution.
- Supramolecular ferric porphyrins and a cyclodextrin dimer as antidotes for cyanide poisoning.
- Spontaneous afferent reinnervation after lung transplantation in the rat.
- Modified maze procedure for patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing simultaneous open heart surgery.
- Cyclic decrease in mixed venous oxygen saturation for the early diagnosis of seizure complications after cardiac surgery.
- Orthotopic vs heterotopic heart transplantation in donor/recipient size mismatch.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Musculoskeletal Surgery
- Torn Meniscus
- Broken Ankle
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of California, Davis
Professional Society Memberships
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, San Joaquin Medical Society, Paul R. Lipscomb Society, California Orthopaedic Association, Leroy Abbott Society, California Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Persistence, Hard Work and Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Basketball
Dr. Alan T. Kawaguchi MD's Practice location
Dr. Alan T. Kawaguchi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kawaguchi
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...
- Dr. Anh X Le MD2488 N California St Stockton CA 95204
- Dr. Steven E Eager MD2488 N California St Stockton CA 95204
- Dr. George W Westin MD2488 N California St Stockton CA 95204
- Dr. Peter B Salamon MD333 E Alpine Ave Stockton CA 95204
- Dr. Gary M Alegre MD2488 N California Stockton CA 95204
- Dr. Edward L Cahill MD2488 N California St Stockton CA 95204