Dr. Irwin Schussler DO
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3704 Mattison Avenue Ft. Worth Texas, 76107
Dr. Irwin Schussler is a psychiatrist practicing in Ft. Worth, Texas. Dr. Schussler is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Schussler diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Schussler may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Schussler treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University 1968
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Texas Super Doctors 2005-2007
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Therapist American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors & Therapists (AASECT)
- Member American College of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists
- Life Member American Osteopathic Association
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Psychiatry
- Shands Hospital At The University Of Florida
- Shands HealthCare
- University of Florida Program
- University of Florida
- Interboro General Hospital
- University of Florida
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work, Punctuality, Politeness
Hobbies / Sports
- Collects Art
Dr. Irwin Schussler DO's Practice location
Ft. Worth, Texas 76107Get Direction
AUSTIN, TX 78731Get Direction
Dr. Irwin Schussler DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schussler
- What Is Akathisia and How to Treat It?
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a medical condition that causes an individual to feel restless along with a constant urge to move. The term akathisia is derived from the Greek word akathemi, which would mean "to never sit down".Akathisia occurs as a side effect of first-generation or older...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a condition that can affect learning and one's ability to mingle with others. As the name indicates, a lack of attention and hyperactivity are the major symptoms, which would be seen at a level that is inconsistent with the growth and...
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
Anyone with a list of ADHD symptoms can speculate about the possibility of an ADHD disorder, but only a specialist can clearly determine the cause of the symptoms. Nevertheless, it’s always advisable to take note of alarming signals that may point to ADHD and report them to your general...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- Dr. Andrew Klymiuk M.D.801 Road to Six Flags West Arlington Texas 76012
- Dr. Lisa Diane Fairweather D.O.4016 Gateway Drive Colleyville TX 76034
- Dr. William T Goldman MD542 Silicon Dr Southlake TX 76092
- Dr. Quazi M Imam MD1833 W. Pioneer Parkway Arlington TX 76013
- Dr. Helene M Alphonso DO855 Montgomery St Fort Worth TX 76107
- Dr. Ken Chris Hopper M.D.1521 N Cooper Arlington, TX Arlington TX 76011