Practice at University medical center,general internal medicine with interest in DM, HTN, Dyslipidimia, obesity, metabolic syndrome
Education and Training
Donetsk Medical Institute; Donetsk
Donetsk Med Inst- Doneck- Ukraine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham -
- 'Dedication at HSF,' University of Alabama
- 'Patient's Choice Award,' Vitals.com, 2010
- 'Patients Choice' Award, Vitals.com, 2008-2009
- University of Birmingham, Baptist Health System Inc
- University of Birmingham
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion, Desire, Understanding, and Trust
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time, Traveling
Marina Brainin's Practice location
Hoover, Alabama 35244Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35233Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Marina Brainin | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Marina Brainin's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brainin
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Why is Cord Blood Banking Important?
Cord blood banking is the method of preserving cord blood, which is blood taken from the umbilical cord after the delivery. Cord blood contains hefty amounts of stem cells, which are potential life-saying cells for numerous diseases. Collecting cord blood is a painless procedure, and is considered...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- What Is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate is an essential mineral and a type of iron used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). When a person lacks iron, symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and decreased physical performance may be experienced. Low levels of iron in the body can be treated by...
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- Mrs. Amy Lee Illescas M.D.2800 Greystone Commercial Blvd Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. Jerry Hankins MD151 Narrows Pkwy Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. James Gregory Sullivan MD1160 HUFFMAN RD BIRMINGHAM AL 35215
- Dr. Ladonna P Richardson MD513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Frank Denton Miller M.D.927 Medical Center Dr Bessemer AL 35022
- Dr. Rajesh Venkataraman Other1530 3rd Avenue S Birmingham AL 35205