Maryam Jahangir Hekmat, MD, received her medical degree in 1994 from Shaheed Beheshti University of Tehran in Iran. She continued on to complete her residency in internal medicine at Cleveland Clinic Health System/Fairview Hospital. Since beginning her career in medicine Dr. Hekmat has become a member of the American College of Physicians. She say her success is due to being very hard working and very compassionate. Today, Hekmat practices internal medicine at the Scripps Clinic, in San Diego, California.
Education and Training
Shaheed Beheshti University of Tehran
National University of Iran Aka Shahid Beheshti University MD
Shahid Beheshti University of Tehran 1994
- Fairview General Hospital 2002
- Fairview General Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Health System
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Very Hard Working and Very Compassionate
Hobbies / Sports
- Walking on the Beach, Reading
- Scripps Green Hospital
Dr. Maryam Jahangir Hekmat M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, California 92128Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92128Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Maryam Jahangir Hekmat M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Maryam Jahangir Hekmat M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hekmat
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- Shapewear Garments May Help to Burn More Calories
A new study has shown that women who wear tight shapewear garments during a workout will burn more calories compared to women who do not. The researchers from the University of Virginia say that these garments makes the muscles work harder and burn more calories.In this study, 15 women with the...
- What Causes Swollen Ankles and Feet?
Swelling of the ankles and feet are a common everyday experience. Either you or a loved one may have experienced ankle swelling at some point of your lives. It is that common and is not a usual cause for concern, especially if you have been standing or walking for a long period of time. However,...
- Dr. Nayana Trivedi M.D.320 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024
- Dr. Brij Gupta M.D.10158 Buena Vista Ave Santee CA 92071
- Facika Tafara MD1145 Broadway San Diego California 92101
- Dr. Lisa J. Wastila M.D.8939 Villa La Jolla Drive La Jolla California 92037-0945
- Unna N. McPherson-Albers8939 Villa La Jolla Drive La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. John L. Person M.D.2929 Health Center Drive San Diego California 92123