Dr. Steven Howard Wright M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1614 W. 42nd Avenue Pine Bluff Arkansas, 71603
Steven Howard Wright, MD, received his medical degree in 1983 from Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, followed by residencies at Alameda County Medical Center and Sacred Heart Medical Center. He has been practicing medicine for the past 24 years and his success has been due his character, and hard work. Dr. Wright impressively practiced medicine as an Army Major during the Gulf War until 1991. Today he works privately in internal medicine and nephrology at Steven Howard Wright, MD, PA, in Tennessee.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College School of Medicine; Nashville
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Enteric expression of the integrin alpha(v)beta(6) is essential for nematode-induced mucosal mast cell hyperplasia and expression of the granule chymase, mouse mast cell protease-1.
- TGF-beta 1 regulates adhesion of mucosal mast cell homologues to laminin-1 through expression of integrin alpha 7.
- Proteomic analysis of mouse jejunal epithelium and its response to infection with the intestinal nematode, Trichinella spiralis.
- Expression of integrin-alphaE by mucosal mast cells in the intestinal epithelium and its absence in nematode-infected mice lacking the transforming growth factor-beta1-activating integrin alphavbeta6.
- Primary antibody-Fab fragment complexes: a flexible alternative to traditional direct and indirect immunolabeling techniques.
- Expression profiling reveals novel innate and inflammatory responses in the jejunal epithelial compartment during infection with Trichinella spiralis.
- Aberrant mucosal mast cell protease expression in the enteric epithelium of nematode-infected mice lacking the integrin alphavbeta6, a transforming growth factor-beta1 activator.
- Expulsion of Trichuris muris is associated with increased expression of angiogenin 4 in the gut and increased acidity of mucins within the goblet cell.
- The goblet cell is the cellular source of the anti-microbial angiogenin 4 in the large intestine post Trichuris muris infection.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Highland Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work and Character
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Boating
Dr. Steven Howard Wright M.D.'s Practice location
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603Get Direction
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...