Lewis Cummings, MD, FAAP, works at his own practice in Lafayette, Louisiana. He graduated in 1969 from Louisiana State University School of Medicine, and then went on to continue his education at Mercy Hospital and Baylor Affiliated Hospital for his internship and residency. Dr. Cummings is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. A devoted doctor in his field, Dr. Cummings holds a Fellowship in the American Academy of Pediatrics; as well as being a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Louisiana State University and a Professor at Tulane University.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine
American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University -
- Professor, Tulane University -
- Baylor Affiliated Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
The Longevity of his Career
Hobbies / Sports
- Lafayette General Medical Center
Lewis C. Cummings's Practice location
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Lewis C. Cummings | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Lewis C. Cummings's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Can You Get Mumps More than Once in Your Lifetime?
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection that’s preventable by vaccination. The virus is usually spread by coming in contact with infected individuals. It’s common for newborns, children, as well as young adults. Symptoms associated with the condition include:...
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- What Is Mumps: Get the Facts
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection, which is common in young children. It’s often recognizable by extremely painful swellings occurring at the side of the face, giving the individual a distinctive hamster face appearance. Other mumps-related symptoms include high body temperature,...
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Lewis Christopher Cummings435 Heymann Blvd. Lafayette Louisiana 70503
- Dr. Michael Ray Melancon M.D.4650 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette LA 70508
- Dr. Mark Dawson M.D.717 Curtis Dr Rayne LA 70578
- Dr. Bradley R Dowden M.D.601 W Saint Mary Blvd Lafayette LA 70506
- Dr. Michael Scott Rabalais M.D.4540 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette LA 70508