Dr. Lisa Wastila is an internist practicing in La Jolla, California. Dr. Wastila specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Wastila provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of California
San Diego School of Medicine
UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA Medical Degree
Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA Other Degree
Primary Care Physician Medical Degree
Clinical Professor of Medicine Medical Degree
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Stanford University Medical Center
- Stanford University, Medical Oncology
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of General Internal Medicine, American College of Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Diligence, Having a Deep Caring for Patients and Good Training
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time With Her Three Children, Rollerblading, Jogging
Dr. Lisa J. Wastila M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, California 92037-0945Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Lisa J. Wastila M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Lisa J. Wastila M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wastila
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Diaphragmatic Breathing?
Diaphragmatic breathing, belly breathing, or abdominal breathing is a popular breathing technique. Breathing, according to this technique, is not only a need but a skill to make life more enjoyable. It is a way to bring in maximum benefits from any physical activity. The movement of the abdomen...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
Once upon a time, this oil was ostracized by experts for the saturated fat present within it. However, coconut oil is regaining its position in health streams due to innumerable benefits that it offers. It is now considered as oil that can be a cure for many conditions, including thyroid problems,...
- Your Touch Can Influence Your Behavior
According to a new study an individual's sense of touch can influence the way he or she views the world. According to the researchers at Yale, Harvard, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, textures, shapes and weights can influence judgments and decisions. For example, people who are...
- Dr. Maryam Jahangir Hekmat M.D.11665 Avena Pl San Diego CA 92128
- Dr. Nayana Trivedi M.D.9850 GENESEE AVE LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Brij Gupta M.D.2001 4TH AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92101
- Facika Tafara MD823 Gateway Center Way San Diego CA 92102
- Unna N. McPherson-Albers8939 Villa La Jolla Drive La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. John L. Person M.D.2929 Health Center Drive San Diego California 92123