Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology477 N El Camino Real C204 Encinitas CA, 92024
Dr. Koorosh Kooros is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Kooros is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatric gastroenterologist, Dr. Kooros diagnoses and treats gastrointestinal diseases and disorders in children. Pediatric gastroenterologists typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Kooros can oversee and manage all areas related to gastrointestinal tract of his patients.
Education and Training
University of Pecs
Pecs University of Medical Science 1991
Pediatric Gastroenterology (Pediatrics)
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Advanced Endoscopy Rady Children's Hospital San Diego, UCSD 2017 - 2021
- Director, Pediatric Endoscopy University of Rochester Medical Center 2004 - 2010
- Medical Director, Pediatric Liver Transplant Program University of Rochester Medical Center 2005 - 2007
- Mom-Approved Doctor 2014 Dallas Child Magazine
- Strong Star 2010 University of Rochester Medical Center/Strong Memorial hospital
- Best Clinical Biochemist of the Year 1990 University Medical School of Pecs
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Tufts Medical Center - GME 2004
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- TUFTS University, Floating Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
Professional Society Memberships
- AGA, ASGA, NASPGHAN, AAP
- AAP, AGA, ASGA, NASPGHAN
What do you attribute your success to?
- Caring for my patients, treating them as if they were my own children
Areas of research
- Autism and GI disorders
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, biking, hiking
Favorite professional publications
- Gastroenterology, JPGN
Areas of research
Autism and GI disorders
Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF's Practice location
Encinitas, CA 92024Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kooros
- Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding
IntroductionThe phase of pregnancy in itself is a beautiful experience, and once the baby arrives, there are so many thoughts crossing the new mother’s mind. The first thought that comes in is whether the baby would get enough breast milk. Similar to the pregnancy phase, the process of...
- Cloudy Urine During Pregnancy
Our body is like a machine that has parts with significant functions to perform. However, sometimes, there could occur some forms of abnormalities in the urine that could indicate the presence of a disease or other underlying medical conditions. Normal urine should appear clear or with a straw...
- Ashwagandha Benefits: What Is Ashwagandha Used For?
Ashwagandha is scientifically known as Withania somnifera. It is also known as winter cherry or Indian ginseng, owing to its rejuvenating properties. Ashwagandha is composed of numerous useful medicinal substances such as choline, fatty acids, withanolides, alkaloids, and a variety of sugars.Native...
- Opening Up About A Parkinson’s Diagnosis
Being diagnosed with Parkinson’s can be a huge life-changer for anyone. Unfortunately, it is a progressive disease, so even with the help of surgery and medication, some parts of it will remain as part of your life. It can be possible, especially during the early stages of the disease, to live...
- Car Seats Should Not Leave the Car
According to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics, car seats, which are supposed to protect babies from injuries in a car, have increased risk of injuries when they are used outside of the car. In this study, led by Shital N. Parikh, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon at Cincinnati Children’s...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Dr. Sharon Felber Taylor M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Joel Edward Lavine M.D., PH.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Xenia Blythe Hom M.D.3860 Calle Fortunada San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Jeffrey Barnett Schwimmer M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Lillian Jeong Choi M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Ariel E Feldstein MD8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123