Specialize in Nephrology
Kidney Disease, Renal Faliure, Hypertension
Education and Training
Maulana Azad Medical College
Maulana Azad 1989
Maulana Azad Medical
Maulana Azad Medical College 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Fellowship Grant 2 consecutive years for outstanding performance
- 'US Family Health Plan 5 Star Award'-2007
- 'US Family Health Plan 5 Star Award'-2008
- 'US Family Health Plan 5 Star Award'-2009
- 'US Family Health Plan 5 Star Award'-2010
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure (hypertension), Dialysis And More
- StaffSTAFF PRV/SPRING BRANCH MEDICAL CENTER/KATY TEXAS
- Staff STAFF PRV/CYPRESS FAIRBANKS MEDICAL CENTER/HOUSTON, TEXAS
- Staff STAFF PRV/MEMORIAL HOSPITAL/HOUSTON, TEXAS
- Northeastern Ohio Universities Affiliated Hospitals 1989
- Northeastern Ohio Universities, College of Medicine, Rootstown, Oh 1992
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Canton Medical Education Foundation
- Baylor College of Medicine-GME/Transitional Year Only 1994
- NEPHROLOGY, BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, HOUSTON, TX 1992
- Baylor College Of Medicine 1994
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine; Baylor College of Medicine, Canton Medical Education Foundation
- Baylor College of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Harris County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work and Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Singing, Astrology, Yoga
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Christus St. Catherine Hospital
- North Cypress Medical Center
- Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
- Kindred Hospital Houston North
Dr. Rahul Prakash MD's Practice location
Katy, Texas 77450Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rahul Prakash MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rahul Prakash MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prakash
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- What Causes a Sore Throat?
A sore throat is simply defined as pain, irritation or itchiness of the throat. A person having a sore throat may have difficulty swallowing foods and liquids. In addition, the pain may be exacerbated when you try to swallow. A sore throat can affect both children and adults. Symptoms of sore...
- Alternative Treatments for Lupus
Lupus symptoms can be managed by alternative medicine and the immune system can be strengthened by these medicines too. You may find the term ‘alternative’ unfamiliar but you might actually be shocked to realize that you know the majority of these alternative treatments. Alternative treatments...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Richard C. Lock M.D.12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Dr. Mohammad Y. Khan M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Kumar Rajagopalan MD3816 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood Florida 3302
- Gabriel Aisenberg6700 West Loop South Bellaire Texas 77401
- Dr. Yamini B. Naygandhi MD13325 Hargrave Road Houston Texas 77070