Dr. Thomas Nakagawa is a pediatrician practicing in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Dr. Nakagawa is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Nakagawa diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Nakagawa can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Texas Technical University School of Medicine
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 1986
Pediatrics Critical Care
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 2008
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 2003
- Life-threatening status asthmaticus treated with inhaled nitric oxide.
- Emergency department use of neuromuscular blocking agents in children.
- Improved documentation of retinal hemorrhages using a wide-field digital ophthalmic camera in patients who experienced abusive head trauma.
- Interfacility transport of the critically ill pediatric patient.
- Clinical report—Guidelines for the determination of brain death in infants and children: an update of the 1987 task force recommendations.
- Guidelines for the determination of brain death in infants and children: an update of the 1987 task force recommendations-executive summary.
- Tracheobronchial calcifications in children.
- Pediatric organ donation and transplantation.
- Circulatory death determination in uncontrolled organ donors: a panel viewpoint.
- Developing a standard method for apnea testing in the determination of brain death for patients on venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: a pediatric case series.
- Organ donation education initiatives: A report of the Donor Management Task Force.
- To See or Not to See: Ultrasound as an Ancillary Study to Determine Brain Death.
- Canadian Guidelines for Controlled Pediatric Donation After Circulatory Determination of Death-Summary Report.
- Severe metabolic alkalosis after bladder reconstruction.
- Aerosolized atropine as an unusual cause of anisocoria in a child with asthma.
- Outstanding Clinical Instructor, Emergency Medicine Residents, EVMS Gr 1994
- Celebration of Life Award, LifeNet 2000
- Best Doctors in America 2004-2006, 2004
- Best Doctors in North Carolina 2005-2009
- Fellow, American College of Critical Care Medicine, American College 2005
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Member Am Academy Of Pediatrics
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Member Soc Of Critical Care Medicine
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Children'S Hosp Of L A, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine; Phoenix Hosp Affil Pd Prog, Pediatrics
- Phoenix Hospitals Affiliated Pediatric Program 1989
- Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Pediatric Critical Care, CA, USA 1992
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California USA 1992
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Childrens Hosp Of L.A. 1992
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Society of Critical Care Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- His Patients and Their Families
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, Photography
Dr. Thomas A. Nakagawa MD's Practice location
Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157Get Direction
ST PETERSBURG, FL 33701Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Thomas A. Nakagawa MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Thomas A. Nakagawa MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Former Rock Stars Develop App to Teach Music to Children with Autism
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 59 children in the United States has been diagnosed with autism. Being a complex developmental disorder, autism encompasses several impairments including persistent challenges in speech and nonverbal communication, accompanied by...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of the Measles?
Measles, or rubeola, is a viral infection that mostly affects children, but can be seen at any age. This contagious infection is characterized by rashes that spread all over the body. Measles are now able to be contained via vaccination. The disease can be fatal for small children under the age of...
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- 10 Steps to Improve Communication with Your Child with Autism
At four years of age, children with autism ultimately develop language, as language is as just as important to children with autism just as it is to everyone else. However, because it takes some time for these children to develop fully when it comes to communication, some challenges are imminent....
- Dr. Aditi Ashvin Dave M.D.Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Matthew Edward Ravish D.O.Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Christiaanse MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Dean J Bonsall M.D.MEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Eric S Kirkendall MDMEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157
- Dr. Modupeola O Akinola MDMedical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157