Dr. Zvezdomir P. Zamfirov M.D.
Orthopedist1600 Crain Highway South Suite 401 Glen Burnie Maryland, 21061
Zvezdomir P. Zamfirov, MD, received his degree in medicine in 1987 at Plovdiv Medical University in Bulgaria. In 2000 he moved to the United States with his family where he completed a residency at Montefiore Medical Center in The Bronx, New York in 2005 and the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, DC in 2007. In July 2007 he joined Bay Area Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Maryland where he specializes in fluoroscopically guided spinal injections, non-operative spine care, pain management, sports medicine, knee injuries and disorders and practices today.
Education and Training
Plovdiv Medical University
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fluoroscopically guided spinal injections
- In office joint injection
- Medication management of acute and chronic pain
- Interventional Pain Management
- Regenerative Medicine
- A2m treatment for arthritis
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (prp)
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implants
- Spine injections
- Georgetown University/ National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, DC Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plovdiv Medical University; 1995, Montefiore Medical Center-Montefiore Medical Center- Bronx, New York; 2005, National Rehabilitation Hospital- Washington, DC; 2007
Articles and Publications
- Published work in the Journal of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work and his Experience as a Sports Physician and a Former Professional Soccer Player
Hobbies / Sports
- League Soccer, Fishing, Skiing
Dr. Zvezdomir P. Zamfirov M.D.'s Practice location
Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061Get Direction
GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061Get Direction
Annapolis, MD 21401Get Direction
Dr. Zvezdomir P. Zamfirov M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zamfirov
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials. When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling sensation...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- Dr. Paul McAfee M.D.7505 Osler Dr Towson MD 21204
- Dr. John H. Wilckens M.D.600 N WOLFE ST BALTIMORE MD 21287
- Dr. Natalie Chilaka M.D.203 Hospital Dr Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Dr. Kelley E. Banagan MD110 S. Paca Street Baltimore Maryland 21201
- Dr. Peter N. Ove MD2000 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Dr. Benjamin M. Petre M.D.600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21205