Luga Podesta, MD, obtained his medical degree at the New York Medical College/St.Vincents Medical Center of Richmond; Staten Island, New York. Upon completion of his degree, Dr. Podesta did his internship in the Department of Internal Medicine at Brookdale Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, followed by a residency at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Inglewood, California and Staten Island Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Staten Island, New York. Since beginning his career he has become a member of International Spinal Injection Society, MLB, Team Physicians Association with the California Angels, The California Orthopedic Association, The Western Orthopedic Association, California Medical Association, Ventura County Medical Society, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Psychiatric Association of Spine, Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation. Dr. Podesta has authored more than 14 publications, four textbook chapters, two videotapes and has been a facilitator for over 50 lectures. Today, he practices orthopaedics in Thousand Oaks, California, at Podesta Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute. He also holds a position at the Kerlan-Jabe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles.
Education and Training
New York Medical College
St.Vincents Medical Center of Richmond; Staten Island
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery; American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Sports Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center of New York, New York
- Department of Internal Medicine; Brookdale Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Inglewood, California, Staten Island Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Staten Island, New York
Professional Society Memberships
- International Spinal Injection Society, MLB Team Physicians Association with the California Angels, California Orthopedic Association, Western Orthopedic Association, California Medical Association, Ventura County Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Authored more than 14 publications, four textbook chapters, two videotapes; facilitator for over 50 lectures.
What do you attribute your success to?
Taking the Time to Listen to People
Hobbies / Sports
- Lacrosse, Drums
Favorite professional publications
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine, American Journal of Shoulder and Elbow
- Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital
- St. Johns Regional Medical Center
- Pleasant Valley Medical Center
Luga Podesta's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Luga Podesta | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Luga Podesta's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- What To Expect After Carpal Tunnel Surgery
What is carpal tunnel surgery?Carpal tunnel surgery is a surgery that is performed on the hand to correct any problems that you may have with your carpal tunnels. The surgery can be performed as an open surgery or the doctor can use a less invasive approach.There are so many things and changes that...
- Alternative Treatments For Bursitis
Alternative Treatment for BursitisBursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in bursa tissue, which is tissue found around the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. Since bursitis is a condition that affects a person any time of the day, it is important to know some of its alternative...
- Dr. Herbert Dennis Huddleston M.D.5525 Etiwanda Avenue Tarzana California 91356
- Dr. Nirav Jayprakash Shah MD5201 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Philip L. Barry MD227 W Janss Rd Thousand Oaks CA 91360
- Dr. William Allen Rumack M.D.7345 Medical Center Dr West Hills CA 91307
- Dr. Brian David Rudin M.D.696 Hampshire Rd Westlake Village CA 91361
- Dr. Lawrence Napoleon Borelli MD1220 La Venta Dr Westlake Village CA 91361