Edward G. Magur, MD, received his medical degree in 1998 from Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, in New York. He then attended Georgetown University Hospital until 1999 for his residency, followed by a fellowship at the Foot and Ankle Center for Orthopedic Care, in Cincinnati, Ohio until 2004. Since beginning his career, Dr. Magur has been an active member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society and the Washington Orthopedic Society. He is a team physician/orthopaedic consultant for the Washington Wizards and the Washing Capitals; he practices orthopaedic surgeries at Washington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, in Washington, DC.
Education and Training
Upstate Medical University at Syracuse
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1998
- Birth Defects
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Hammer Toe
- Stress Fracture
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital; 1999
- Center for Orthopedic Care
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Foot and Ankle Center for Orthopedic Care; Cincinnati, Ohio; 2004
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, Washington Orthopedic Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Patient Oriented Focus and Attention to Detail
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, District of Columbia 20006Get Direction
CHEVY CHASE, MD 20815Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Magur
- Know Your Risk for Bone Fractures
Have you ever received a bone density test? This test is crucial for women who are experiencing menopause, as it tests how thin and frail their bones are. One might be prescribed medications to help this condition.“Bone density tests are good indicators for the risks of fractures”, says...
- What To Expect After Carpal Tunnel Surgery
What is carpal tunnel surgery?Carpal tunnel surgery is a surgery that is performed on the hand to correct any problems that you may have with your carpal tunnels. The surgery can be performed as an open surgery or the doctor can use a less invasive approach.There are so many things and changes that...
- Arthritis: Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement
What is arthroplasty?As the name suggests, arthroplasty is a procedure that is performed on the joints. These procedures are limited. Therefore, arthroplasty is usually the last option for the patient as well as the physician. The purpose of arthroplasty is to repair stiffened joints, relieve pain,...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- What are metatarsal bones?
The five long bones of the metatarsus of the foot are known as the metatarsals. Just as metacarpals of the hand are made of different components, similarly, metatarsals are made of different components such as a proximal base, shaft, and distal head. Arches of the foot are formed by the metatarsal...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Dr. William A. McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 MAPLE AVE E VIENNA VA 22180
- Dr. Usman Zahir MD7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Tariq A Nayfeh M.D.7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Frank T. Lombardo M.D.2445 Army Navy Dr Arlington VA 22206
- Dr. My Hoa Kaas DPM2826 OLD LEE HWY FAIRFAX VA 22031