M. Chris Testerman, MD, received her medical degree in 1990 from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. She went on to complete an internship in General Surgery at Shands Teaching Hospital at the University of Florida in 1991, a residency in Orthopedic Surgery, also at Shands Teaching Hospital in 1996 and a fellowship in Ankle Surgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina in 1997. Since beginning her career, Dr. Testerman has become a member of the American Association of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Today she practices orthopaedic surgery at Knoxville Orthopedic Clinic, in Tennessee.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
M. Chris Testerman's Expert Contributions
Bursitis is an inflammation at a tendon bone attachment site. It can be related to overuse, poor mechanics in walking, weakness if the muscle. It can be improved with physical therapy, anti inflammatory medicines and /or steroid injections depending on the area READ MORE
My 80 year old mother recently fell and fractured her ankle. How long should it take for her to recover?
It takes a bone about 6-8 weeks to heal. Surgery is needed if the bone is displaced. Nutrition, elevation to control swelling, and adding a Vitamin D supplement can improve healing. READ MORE
- Orthopedic Surgery, Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida; 1996
- General Surgery, Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida; 1991
- Foot and Ankle Surgery, Duke University Medical Center; Durham, North Carolina; 1997
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pediatric Society of Dukes
What do you attribute your success to?
- Desire to do the Right Thing for Patients and Faith
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Running, Reading
M. Chris Testerman's Practice location
Request An Appointment With M. Chris Testerman | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
M. Chris Testerman's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Why Lateral Epicondylitis is Called Tennis Elbow
Lateral epicondylitis is a condition of the arms that creates pain around the elbow joints. The condition may be a result of a number of causes, but it is typically from overuse of the elbow. However, it may take some time before lateral epicondylitis starts showing intense pain; it may be up to one...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- Dr. Christine Marie Seaworth MD1926 ALCOA HWY KNOXVILLE TN 37920
- Dr. Mark Kiernan Thomas M.D.827 Lamar Alexander Pkwy Maryville TN 37802
- Dr. David R Robins D.O.101 Glenliegh Ct Knoxville TN 37934
- Dr. Edwin Michael Holt M.D.1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Robert R. Madigan M.D.1422 Old Weisgarber Rd Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. Edwin Earl Spencer M.D.260 Fort Sanders West Blvd Knoxville TN 37922