Partner in OrthoIndy, a multispecialty orthopaedic practice, in Indianapolis Indiana. I am an orthopaedic spine specialist fellowship trained in spine surgery with a focus on minimally invasive spine surgery.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine; Philadelphia
Areas of expertise and specialization
- State University of New York Health Science Center; Brooklyn, New York, Orthopaedic Surgery
- General Surgery, State University of New York Health Science Center; Brooklyn, New York
Professional Society Memberships
- St. Vincent Health Indiana Orthopaedic Society, Scoliosis Research Society, Spinal Arthroplasty Society, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, American College of Spine Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Dr. Riina's medical articles have been published in the Journal of Trauma, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, and Operative Techniques in Orthopedics.
- Co-author of a textbook chapter
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Listening to Patients
- Dr. Riina is a supporter of the Indianapolis Opera Company.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- New York City
Hobbies / Sports
- Martial Arts, Wine, Cigars
Favorite professional publications
- Indiana Orthopedic Hospital
- St.Vincent Hospital
- Indianapolis Community Hospital System
Joseph Riina's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Joseph Riina | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Joseph Riina's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD7930 North Shadeland Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D.13400 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032
- Dr. Douglas August Kuhn MD1 Memorial Square Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD1801 N. Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Judd Edward Cummings M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Joseph Douglas Smucker MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242