Richard W. Eaton, MD, began his admirable career in medicine after graduating in 1978 from Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana, with his degree in medicine. After medical school, Dr. Eaton attended Indiana University Medical Center for his internship; followed by an orthopaedic surgery residency at Indiana University Medical Center and fellowship training for joint replacement, hip and knee surgery at Harrington Arthritis Research Center in Phoenix, Arizona. He has since become a member of the Indiana Orthopedic Society and a Fellow of the American Association of Orthpaedic Surgery. Listening to patients and understanding patients' needs, he says, are keys to his success. Not only does Dr. Eaton practice orthopaedic surgery at the Indiana Orthopaedic Center and at the Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield, Indiana; he also works as a Clinical Instructor for Family Practice Residents at the Indiana University Medical School.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Biotransformations of 2-methylisoborneol by camphor-degrading bacteria.
- Biotransformations of (+/-)-geosmin by terpene-degrading bacteria.
- Viable cell sorting of dinoflagellates by multiparametric flow cytometry.
- Dehydration of the off-flavor chemical 2-methylisoborneol by the R-limonene-degrading bacteria Pseudomonas sp. strain 19-rlim and Sphingomonas sp. strain BIR2-rlima.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Instructor, Family Practice Residents, Indiana University Medical School -
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- General Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Harrington Arthritis Research Center; Phoenix, Arizona
Professional Society Memberships
- Indiana Orthopedic Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Listening to Patients and Understanding Patients' Needs
Hobbies / Sports
- Hancock Regional Hospital; Greenfield
Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, Indiana 46250Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46250Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eaton
- Muscular Dystrophy: Correcting Foot Deformities with Surgery
Research and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder OutlookHow Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder Could Affect Some IndividualsAffecting those mostly between the ages of 18 to 60 according to The Mayo Clinic, this hereditary group of disorders can affect numerous stages of life. Although some therapies could be of...
- What Therapies Help to Treat Arthritis
Arthritis is a term used to describe about two hundred different types of ailments that affect the joints and its cartilage and surrounding connective tissue. These diseases are progressive degenerative diseases and can be very painful. Because arthritis has such a vast range of causes and symptoms,...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- Joseph Riina8450 Northwest Boulevard Indianapolis Indiana 46278
- Dr. Douglas Alan Flory M.D.8141 S Emerson Avenue Indianapolis IN 46237
- Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D.13400 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032
- Dr. Douglas August Kuhn MD1 Memorial Square Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD1801 N. Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Charles Philip Bartley M.D.30 W Rampart St Shelbyville IN 46176