Dr. John Velyvis M.D.
Orthopedist39000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California, 92270
John H. Velyvis, MD, received his medical degree in 1998 from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. After graduating, he moved on to complete an internship and residency at Albany Medical Center in New York, followed by a fellowship training in knee and hip replacement surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Dr. Velyvis has become a member of the American Medical Association, California Orthopedic Association, California Medical Association, and a Fellow of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Today, the doctor practices orthopaedic surgery at Desert Orthopaedic Surgeons in California, and says of his career that orthopedics is a fascinating area of medicine where you can use science and technology as well as a little bit of art to help people.
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Primary total hip arthroplasty after acetabular fracture.
- Acute total hip arthroplasty for selected displaced acetabular fractures: two to twelve-year results.
- In situ fixation of pelvic nonunions following pathologic and insufficiency fractures.
- Displaced acetabular fractures managed operatively: indicators of outcome.
- Gelatin matrix use reduces postoperative bleeding after total knee arthroplasty.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery
- Albany Medical Center, New York, Orthopedic Surgery
- Albany Medical Center, New York
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston; 2005
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, California Orthopedic Association, California Medical Association
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Biking, and Hiking
Dr. John Velyvis M.D.'s Practice location
Rancho Mirage, California 92270Get Direction
BLACKSBURG, VA 24060Get Direction
Saint Helena, CA 94574Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94109Get Direction
Dr. John Velyvis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Velyvis
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- What Therapies Help to Treat Arthritis
Arthritis is a term used to describe about two hundred different types of ailments that affect the joints and its cartilage and surrounding connective tissue. These diseases are progressive degenerative diseases and can be very painful. Because arthritis has such a vast range of causes and symptoms,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling sensation...
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Dr. Adrian Stanley Graff-Radford M.D.39000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California 92270
- Dr. Ghassan Boghosian DO39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage CA 92270
- Dr. Jason Scott Weisstein M.D.,M.P.H.39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage CA 92270
- Dr. Reginald Scott Fayssoux MD39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage CA 92270
- Dr. James A. Bell M.D.39000 Bob Hope Dr. Rancho Mirage CA 92270
- Dr. Edward J Mcpherson M.D.39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage CA 92270