Dr. Chand Ramaiah is a general surgeon practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Ramaiah specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Ramaiah provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Bangalore Medical College in India
Areas of expertise and specialization
- 'Best Doctors in America,' 2009 and 2010
- Best Doctors in America2017
- Best Doctors in America2016
- Best Doctors in America2015
- Best Doctors in America2014
- Best Doctors in America2013
- Best Doctors in America2012
- Best Doctors in America2011
- Top Surgeons in America2017
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, and Lexington Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts
Professional Society Memberships
- Vice President of the International College of Surgeons, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Family Time
- Saint Thomas Hospital ( Nashville, TN )
Chand Ramaiah's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37205 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Chand Ramaiah | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Chand Ramaiah's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- What Are the Side Effects of Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy is a common surgical operation currently performed for the treatment of gallbladder problems. The operation is basically a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. The removal of the gallbladder can be done in two different methods.Methods Used in a CholecystectomyOne of the methods...
- Is Anal Fissure Surgery Dangerous?
Anal Fissure SurgeryIf other medications fail to get rid of anal fissure, a surgical procedure known as internal anal sphincterotomy may be necessary. It involves a small incision in one of the two anal muscles and is considered to be a minor surgery. Hence it can be offered as an outpatient...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Dr. Richard A. Pierce MD/PHD 1301 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232
- Dr. James G Mcdowell M.D. 356 24th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Nathan Ray Brought D.O. 4601 Carothers Parkway Franklin TN 37067
- Dr. Joseph B Delozier MD 209 23rd Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Adrian Barbul M.D. 2435 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Chadwell M Robbins MD 2201 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203