Dr. Thomas Dykes is a radiologist practicing in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Dr. Dykes specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
University of Kansas
University of Wales in Great Britain 1984
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- University of California At San Francisco 1991
- University of California, San Francisco Medical Center
- Family Medicine, David Grant Medical United States Air Force Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Society of Uroradiology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Walking, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- Radiology and RadioGraphics
- Pennsylvania State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Thomas Dykes MD's Practice location
Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033Get Direction
EL PASO, TX 79905Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Thomas Dykes MD | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Thomas Dykes MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. Donald R. Buxton 604 Black Powder Dr Lewisberry PA 17339
- Titty Thomas Zacharia MD500 University Drive Hershey PA 17033
- Timothy Mosher MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Michael A. Bruno MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Christine Policare M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Nabeel Sarwani MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033