Dr. David Smith is an internist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Smith specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Smith provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Columbia University MS 2017
Yale University 2007
University of Connecticut BS 1995
UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson MD 1999
American Board of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine Yale University School of Medicine 2009 - 2017
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine Yale University School of Medicine 2007 - 2009
- Adjunct Assistant Professor UNC-Chapel Hill 2010 - 2017
- Associate Professor Wingate University 2015 - 2017
- Charlotte Top Doc 2018 Charlotte Magazine
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Charlotte Medical, Dental, Pharmacy
- Independent Physicians of the Carolinas
- Association of Black Cardiologists
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
David Smith's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28204Get Direction
Request An Appointment With David Smith | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
David Smith's reviewsWrite Review
- The Impact of Sleep Deprivation Has on the Brain
According to the National Sleep Foundation, the average adult should have seven to nine hours of sleep each day to achieve a healthier body and a normal sleep/wake cycle. However, the amount of sleep needed by every person varies in different ages and because of his or her lifestyle. Different...
- Reliable Method for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea at Home
One of the most common complications of sleep apnea doesn’t revolve around the symptoms themselves, but rather on the difficulty to actually diagnose the disease. Sleep apnea is, as its name suggests, a sleep disorder characterized by the subject’s inability to breathe properly during sleep,...
- Additional Insight into Children's Sleep Apnea
It is surprisingly not uncommon for children to show mild forms of sleep apnea due to enlarged tonsils or adenoids, and some of them can usually grow out of it as their body develops and the airway expands to accommodate their growth. Regardless, the severe versions of obstructive sleep-disordered...
- How to Tell if You Have a Sleep Disorder
Excessive sleepiness seems to be increasing among people, according to a report by the National Sleep Foundation. In recent a poll conducted by the organization, 20% of Americans reported to have under six hours of sleep on average. This figure was just 13% in 2001. “This is basically because of...
- What Are the Causes and Treatment of Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is the medical term used when a person is close to falling asleep or is in a state of sleepiness. In such case, the person is not able to resist the urge of sleeping or dozing off. A person taking many psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder or any other mental...
- Sleep Apnea Is Much More than Snoring
Sleep apnea is often associated with snoring, which some may view as "amusing." However, jokes aside, it is clear that sleep apnea can lead to much graver consequences if neglected. Snoring should be better interpreted as an early warning of worse to come.It is vital to treat sleep apnea as a...
- Mrs. Mary Wassell Stowe M.D.1025 Morehead Medical Drive Charlotte NC 28204
- Dr. Lisa Springer MD200 Hawthorne Ln Charlotte NC 28204
- Dr. Obiageli Ogbata M.D.1718 E 4TH ST CHARLOTTE NC 28204
- Dr. Herbert L. Bonkovsky MD1025 Morehead Medical Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28204
- Dr. Latimer Anthony Taylor MD700 S Torrence St Charlotte NC 28204
- Dr. Clarence O'neil Ellis MD700 S Torrence St Charlotte NC 28204